Value range skimmed milk-what could possibly be the difference?

I think most super markets have a value range. There has to be a reason why the value range is cheaper than the other two groups (own brand & big brand). I guess it will be cheaper ingredients for example.

What could possibly be different with skimmed milk? Skimmed milk is skimmed milk. Surely water is not added to it.:suspect:

I think most super markets have a value range. There has to be a reason why the value range is cheaper than the other two groups (own brand & big brand). I guess it will be cheaper ingredients for example.

What could possibly be different with skimmed milk? Skimmed milk is skimmed milk. Surely water is not added to it.:suspect:

Cheaper ingredients? Milk is milk.... the only difference is the label and our perception.

Cheap milk come from cows that graze on grass surrounding Chernobyl, whilst the more expensive stuff comes from cows that graze on nice Yorkshire grass. :)

I buy value range everything. Usually pretty much the same stuff, simpler labelling as we're not paying for them advertising so much.My kids can't tell the difference but then we do have an 'eat it or go hungry' rule in my house :hihi:

I don`t follow you regarding the advertising bit :huh:. Can you tell me what you mean there regarding value skimmed milk & advertising?

It's UHT milk. It'll be exactly the same as the other UHT skimmed milk in the prettier carton. It's a cheap alternative to fresh milk or milk that hasn't had all the cream taken out.

Hi,

yes I know the difference between skimmed UHT and the milk with cream in, but thanks anyway.

Cheaper ingredients? Milk is milk.... the only difference is the label and our perception.

I think you have misunderstood what I said in my OP. The cheaper ingredients was in ref to the suspected reason why value range items are cheaper than branded. Like I said, what can possibly be different? If anything, I would have thought the UHT process would add to the cost.

Thanks for ALL the replies.

Someone must know. We are all guessing, including me :)

Archived