Places to skate, unicycle etc?

Guest Pauly

Does anyone know of any open spaces, preferrably flat and paved/tarmac'd, where I could go practice my unicycling? At the moment I'm only able to practice once a week at the circus group and I don't know of anywhere else at the moment that's flat and where I wouldn't be hassled by kids etc staring and pointing. :suspect: Somewhere indoors would be best but I know that's very unlikely so outdoor will have to do.

Any suggestions people? Sensible ones only though thanks....if it's not asking too much. ;)

I put some tips up about public reactions to unicyclists here-

http://www.jugglingballs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13

basically, riding the streets is excellent practice for unicycling, there are very few suitable indoor spaces.

The only negative aspect of riding outdoors is the initial public reaction, but there are ways to tackle that.

Oooo....thanks mate. :D I'll add that to my list of useful sites. The threads have just gone on one of my pedals so I'm going to need a new pedal shaft/crank or whatever they're called. I'll have a look at unicycle-uk. :)

Cheers for the info mateymoo. :thumbsup:

EDIT: And by the way, I so want this. :D

I've sent you a PM via the Flying Teapots forum. :) I'm mainly looking to learn at the moment but when I get to grips with balance and getting on without having to hold onto something, steering, rocking etc I'll be looking to go out and about on it and we'll see what happens from there. I've not really thought about what to do when I'm completely comfortable in the saddle with no danger of falling off yet. :hihi:

• 6 months later...

The weekly circus group has closed down due to lack of numbers. Gutted! :( Any ideas where I can go now to practice unicycling? Ideal spot would be a sports hall or somewhere but I don't have access to any and would rather not do it outside til I'm a bit better. Failing that there's always doing it with company so it wouldn't be as bad if people started pointing, staring or shouting stuff.

Any ideas please people? :)

Sorry for the double post.

Archived