Diesel cars and short journeys dpf?

If you are talking about cars and people messing about with them I'Ve seen it all you are probably right, I can imagine some plonker trying to take a catalyst to bits to clean it,some people will do anything to save a few quid:loopy:

Oh tell me about it - I service and repair my own vehicles but I know when I need to get a proper garage to do it rather than do it myself...

I know someone who shotblasted his EGR valve to clean it and then wondered why he ended up with scuffed and seized pistons... and then we have the guy who thought because I can swap big end shells on the drive he'd have a go.... which was great, except he didn't remember which cap went with which con rod... ditto the mains... sigh....

fuel economy: mostly, it's not what you drive, but how you drive it.

for example, a recent late-night trip to 24hr garage, cold engine, travelling time 16 minutes. average for that journey: 53.1mpg

empty roads help, but my usual in-traffic average is 40-45mpg, and that's in an eight year old turbo diesel seven seater that needs a service.

don't change your car, change your style.

(i will say this about car choice - small car + big engine > big car + small engine.)

And you don't like it when people question your "skills" as a mechanic!

Call me old fashioned but I like my car to be maintained by someone who knows what parts are called.

Typing error can't you see that.have you nothing better to do but troll my old replies looking for spelling mistakes, I think you need:help:,I thought you would be out with your laptop diagnosing all these broken down French cars,there's plenty of them to go at..:hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a ford focus diesel but don't want a dpf on it. Does anyone know how to find out if it's got one on? I've seen an 07 plate, 1.8 diesel that looks decent but no idea if it has the dpf on. Only drive from stannington to ecclesfield mainly with maybe 1 longer journey a week so maybe better off going with petrol anyway but I don't know:confused:

Archived