Pellet pump top tip.

sheff 13

Over the past 15 years or so I've purchased several pumps that are on the whole a total load of tosh.

I've finally got a pump that really works, first time with just one pump. Also I can use it with just one hand, good news as I only have one of any use.

The best bit is the cost £3.

It's a small DIY job made by using a 100 ml syringe from ebay, 100 ml is plenty big enough for hook baits, even if you run out in a few seconds you can do more.

If I say so myself this is a top tip.

Yes I know of the Ringer one my fishing buddy has one, but it certainly takes more than one pump. There are a few more passable efforts but for £3 it can't be bettered. It's not my idea, it was dreamt up by Andy Findlay. Plus it's the only pump I can use without help, so for me it's a result.

But hey I'm not trying to convince anyone, it would be a waste to leave a 20 quid pump in your tackle room.

I've struggled with pumps for quite a while had a good one that was about £3-£4 like a bike pump with a bottle on the end worked great til the handle came off,had a browsing that was just awful tried other various designs over the last couple of years and the ringer pump is deffo th best I've had

Yes I know how bad the Browning is for pellets, I still use my one but not for pellets.

The sole use for mine is for casters with help from my wife to pump them, they last for weeks if pumped and kept in the bait fridge.

Just give them a breather every week.

Archived