BBC One Show - Covered modern day slavery of young 'professionals'.

Today the One Show looked at young 'professionals' paying to be security guards in derelict properties.

These so called 'professionals' were generally younger. They were of lower class/caste. They were not members of the UK property cartel.

Anyhow, these so called professionals were too poor to rent traditional housing for even the lowest class/caste. So instead they were becoming property guardians and paying for the privilege. A few short years ago, property guardians were PAID for the work they did.

Anyhow, as property guardians, these people had less rights than people in the dreaded PRS, people in the PRS generally have a 6 months AST and very few rights, whilst they might pay well over the odds for the roof over their heads, they are more of a commodity than a human being with dignified rights.

It was a sad look at today's society, where working young people have become a new lower class, and cannot even afford a roof over their heads, when non working lower class people in the past could.

Then the BBC/One Show moved onto house prices. Government mortgage subsidy is pushing up house prices - joyous times. The presenters were delighted.

The BBC is a disgrace.

The housing situation in this country is a disgrace.

Mortgage subsidies are a disgrace.

Unpaid labour is a disgrace.

What do you think?

Is it acceptable for young UK nationals to become slaves in their own country, slaves to members of the property cartel?

Are you a member of the property cartel - does their slavery benefit you?

How professional can you be, when you are forced to live in such poor conditions, without any rights?

If When you say "Property Cartel " you mean private landlords , then can i ask you this simple Question. Why should people who have paid good money to purchase a property rent it out to people for next to nowt and make a loss on that property. ?

I mean property owners, debt incumbent mortgagees, and in particular the largest land owners, multiple property owners and landlords.

Generally I refer to the aristocratic rentier class. But small time Rachmanistic landlords play do play a part.

Capitalism does not exist to ensure you make a return on your 'investment'. Your effectively gambling. The government should not be there to bail you out. If you bet on the property market and lose you have only yourself to blame. The only problem is the market is the market is rigged.

I didn't see the One Show so I can't comment, but this rebranding of the roofless underclass as 'young professionals' by the BBC does not surprise me.

In spite of the Daily Mail propoganda to the contrary, the BBC is a mouthpiece of the establishment: always was and always will be.

I mean property owners, debt incumbent mortgagees, and in particular the largest land owners, multiple property owners and landlords.

Generally I refer to the aristocratic rentier class. But small time Rachmanistic landlords play do play a part.

You been on the dictionary sandwiches again?

You don't understand what a professional is. A profession is where you give disinterested counsel based on specialized knowledge to someone who is paying for it without expecting any other buisness gain. A security guard is not a profession, regardless of how much you or the BBC wants it to be.

As for the rest of it yes, I own houses. I rent them out. They are rented for a fair rent to people who can afford them and whom have chosen not to, or have no need for a mortgage as they do not wish for a fixed abode. That's not something that needs defending, because you have yet to mount a credible attack on it.

As for the rest of it yes, I own houses. I rent them out. They are rented for a fair rent to people who can afford them and whom have chosen not to, or have no need for a mortgage as they do not wish for a fixed abode.

How can you rent a house to a person who has chosen not to?

They were not an underclass on the BBC show.

One of the conditions of being a property guardian was that they have to be working...

As I understood the piece, one issue is that the guardians have much reduced tenancy rights.

It's a sub-optimal housing solution.

Archived