BBC One Show - Covered modern day slavery of young 'professionals'.

I didn't see the One Show so I can't comment, but this rebranding of the roofless underclass as 'young professionals' by the BBC does not surprise me.

They use the roofless underclass because they show no mercy to would-be squatters.

This is a complete non issue. Unless private landlords invest in the buy to let market there will be insufficient housing. Councils and the government no longer invest as all they do is create urban ghettoes.

I have a number of good quality properties which I let out to people who prefer, at this stage in their lives to rent rather than buy. Their reasons, generally, are that their work means that they are likely to move on in a few years and in view of the current market they do not want to run the risk of being burdened with a property they may have difficulty selling when they move.

The person who started the thread seems to be concerned about persons who have the initiative to obtain a roof over their heads at low cost protecting the landlords asset at the same time, it seems to me to be a mutually beneficial situation.

In short, what is the problem?

This is a complete non issue. Unless private landlords invest in the buy to let market there will be insufficient housing

Eh? Do private landlords build houses? No, I suspect the vast majority don't, therefore the properties already exist. All the landlords are doing is taking property which people could have bought for themselves and making people flit around in circles whilst charging an arm and a leg to do so. How are people going to save for a house deposit, if they pay most of their money in rent?

Eh? Do private landlords build houses? No, I suspect the vast majority don't, therefore the properties already exist. All the landlords are doing is taking property which people could have bought for themselves and making people flit around in circles whilst charging an arm and a leg to do so. How are people going to save for a house deposit, if they pay most of their money in rent?

Obviously circumstances differ, I have never built a house, however I always buy new property ideally straight from small builders, I tend to get a good deal and the builder cuts out the middle man ensuring he makes a decent profit.

As already stated my tenants actually prefer to rent whilst the property market is weak and to ensure that when they move on they are not encumbered with a slow selling property. No doubt they will eventually buy their own properties but it appears that landlords like me are filling an important niche.

You do realise that there are literally 100's of affordable properties for sale in Sheffield on rightmove right now. And when you take out a mortgage on one of these properties the monthly payment is far lower than paying rent. Are people blind or something?

This is a complete non issue. Unless private landlords invest in the buy to let market there will be insufficient housing.

Complete nonsense.

The purchasing of property that already exists via mortgage debt or hard currency has no effect upon the overall housing stock.

If a property was not purchased by a landlord it would not cease to exist.

All landlords do is force up prices, and create an additional layer of property and currency rentierism in the economy. They depress and eventually destroy local economies, like a parasite does to it's host.

They seek to feed of off the tenant, whilst the banks seek to feed off of the tenant via usury of the landlord.

With housing benefit being required by many workers now just to pay the rent, they all also seek to feed off of the state and the taxpayer, which in turn place a greater burden upon productive business across the entire nation, which in turn places a burden upon the global economy.

You do realise that there are literally 100's of affordable properties for sale in Sheffield on rightmove right now. And when you take out a mortgage on one of these properties the monthly payment is far lower than paying rent. Are people blind or something?

People just don't want to buy any property in any area.

And it depends who you define affordable.

People just don't want to buy any property in any area.

And it depends who you define affordable.

And that is the problem. People want a nice house in a nice convenient area near to where they work from day 1. It's simply not going to happen if you're low paid. It never happened for ANY generation when they were starting out in life unless they got help from mum and dad.

Anyone with an income of £12k to £25k can buy a house thus paying far less in rent and enjoy the rise in house prices and move up the ladder. It's very simple and very easy.

Archived