BBC One Show - Covered modern day slavery of young 'professionals'.

Complete nonsense.

The purchasing of property that already exists via mortgage debt or hard currency has no effect upon the overall housing stock.

If a property was not purchased by a landlord it would not cease to exist.

All landlords do is force up prices, and create an additional layer of property and currency rentierism in the economy. They depress and eventually destroy local economies, like a parasite does to it's host.

They seek to feed of off the tenant, whilst the banks seek to feed off of the tenant via usury of the landlord.

With housing benefit being required by many workers now just to pay the rent, they all also seek to feed off of the state and the taxpayer, which in turn place a greater burden upon productive business across the entire nation, which in turn places a burden upon the global economy.

I don't deal with people who require housing benefit, I provide a service to hard working people who want to get on, why don't you read what I have written before spitting out your bile?

---------- Post added 16-08-2013 at 10:52 ----------

And that is the problem. People want a nice house in a nice convenient area near to where they work from day 1. It's simply not going to happen if you're low paid. It never happened for ANY generation when they were starting out in life unless they got help from mum and dad.

Anyone with an income of £12k to £25k can buy a house thus paying far less in rent and enjoy the rise in house prices and move up the ladder. It's very simple and very easy.

You are absolutely right in the majority of cases, but not in all, there is a place, and an important one, for private sector landlords as described in my earlier posts.

Housing is a complex issue and there is no one answer to the problem.

And that is the problem. People want a nice house in a nice convenient area near to where they work from day 1. It's simply not going to happen if you're low paid. It never happened for ANY generation when they were starting out in life unless they got help from mum and dad.

Anyone with an income of £12k to £25k can buy a house thus paying far less in rent and enjoy the rise in house prices and move up the ladder. It's very simple and very easy.

It's going to happen even less if they're paying out rent isn't it?

It's going to happen even less if they're paying out rent isn't it?

But this is my point. The average 21-22 year old who comes out of University on any number of graduate schemes or in their choses career will have a starting salary of at least £16-£25k. After 6 months you can buy a house. You will of course need a small deposit which shouldn't be a problem because you've had 22 years to save up for one. If not, what the hell have you been doing for 22 years previously that you can't save £10k+. Life isn't a walk in the park when you're young, you have to work crappy jobs. Bars, shops, whatever.

If you leave school at 18 with A levels, you can get a job that will pay £12k+ no problem.

If you leave school at 16 with ok gcse's you can start an apprenticeship and gain a valuable skill or trade, save a deposit and maybe start your own business. Work hard and you'll easy be able to buy your FIRST house at 22 even more so if you meet a partner.

If you leave school with absolutely nothing. You can still do it. Either go to college and redo your exams, get an apprenticeship of some sort, or even get a bottom rung crap job, it will still tide you over until you know what you want to do with your life.

If you're able bodied and choose to go on the dole for life, then you're utterly screwed and will not ever be a homeowner and benefit from the HUGE advantages whilst you remain so. Think about how much money you can get for free from the government over a lifetime on the dole, then work out how much you will end up if you move up the property ladder until retirement. I know which free money I'd rather choose.

But this is my point. The average 21-22 year old who comes out of University on any number of graduate schemes or in their choses career will have a starting salary of at least £16-£25k. After 6 months you can buy a house. You will of course need a small deposit which shouldn't be a problem because you've had 22 years to save up for one. If not, what the hell have you been doing for 22 years previously that you can't save £10k+. Life isn't a walk in the park when you're young, you have to work crappy jobs. Bars, shops, whatever.

If you leave school at 18 with A levels, you can get a job that will pay £12k+ no problem.

If you leave school at 16 with ok gcse's you can start an apprenticeship and gain a valuable skill or trade, save a deposit and maybe start your own business. Work hard and you'll easy be able to buy your FIRST house at 22 even more so if you meet a partner.

If you leave school with absolutely nothing. You can still do it. Either go to college and redo your exams, get an apprenticeship of some sort, or even get a bottom rung crap job, it will still tide you over until you know what you want to do with your life.

If you're able bodied and choose to go on the dole for life, then you're utterly screwed and will not ever be a homeowner and benefit from the HUGE advantages whilst you remain so. Think about how much money you can get for free from the government over a lifetime on the dole, then work out how much you will end up if you move up the property ladder until retirement. I know which free money I'd rather choose.

Do you get a good job following an apprenticeship though? The chances are you'll probably end up a lowly electrician or plumber, that sort of thing. How are they going to afford a deposit on an appreticeship wage? I'm not saying you're entirely right or wrong but what you're doing is assuming everyones' circumstances are the same.

Do you get a good job following an apprenticeship though? The chances are you'll probably end up a lowly electrician or plumber, that sort of thing. How are they going to afford a deposit on an appreticeship wage? I'm not saying you're entirely right or wrong but what you're doing is assuming everyones' circumstances are the same.

I'm really not Mecky. There are young lads doing apprenticeships during the day and working in bars at night, delivering pizzas, working in fast food restaurants, doing whatever to EARN MONEY. Yes it sucks, but they're young, if they haven't got the energy between 16-25 they're not going to fair very well in this life. Or, finish the apprenticeship, get a job, start up on your own, whatever.

2 young people with £5000 each at 22 with a joint salary of ONLY £20k can buy a £90,000 house. Look on rightmove, they're are loads of them. I would have been overjoyed to own one of those houses at 22. Remember, it's only listed at £90-£100k so you're not even going to offer that. Keep putting in offers and you'll soon have a house for £75k.

£10,000 deposit between 2 people and £65,000 mortgage = less than £350 per month.

How anyone can moan about that I don't know.

Today the One Show looked at young 'professionals' paying to be security guards in derelict properties.

Talk about a negative spin. This has been happening for years, and is a fun an exciting way to live for young people with little ties or commitments. You get to live in a mansion for pennies.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2010/jan/10/property-guardian-schemes

http://www.thefirstpint.co.uk/2011/01/20/expensive-postcode-super-cheap-rent-become-a-live-in-property-guardian/

http://uk.cameloteurope.com/9/0/rights-responsibilities/becoming-a-live-in-guardian.html

At the age of 22 I'm not sure if the're interested in byuing a house and settling down. The're probably more interested in going out and enjoying themselves. (and I don't mean getting drunk).

As for saving for 22 years, please explain to me how this is achieved as my parents paid zilch into my account, if I had one. They were too poor.

At the age of 22 I'm not sure if the're interested in byuing a house and settling down. The're probably more interested in going out and enjoying themselves. (and I don't mean getting drunk).

As for saving for 22 years, please explain to me how this is achieved as my parents paid zilch into my account, if I had one. They were too poor.

People make their own choices as to what they spend their money on. Spend or save. That's the choice they make at any age. Obviously people probably don't save from 0-22. However, it's very easy to have some part time income from 16-23 during full time study. Many students at UNI get jobs in the evenings, it is very possible to save a deposit if you don't blow your money on cars and going out and other consumer rubbish. But people don't want to sacrifice. Aside from that, like I said previously, any Student 6 months out of Uni can easily afford to buy a house after 6 months of employment as a SINGLE person. They don't even have to start paying their fees back until they earn over £25k or something like that and even then it's a tiny monthly payment.

This thread and many threads like it all whinge about houses being unaffordable for the young.

Complete nonsense. RIGHT NOW, AS ALWAYS, housing is very affordable for first time buyers.

With no disrespect to any ex-students but I'm sure that at that age they have probably not decided where they are going to settle for the next few years.

They would either stay at Mum & Dad's or rent an apartment somewhere.

They may take a training job and think about settling down after they got married and/or qualified, but that's probably old-fashioned now.

If you read the post again you might wish you hadn't of posted your comment.

He's just falling over himself to make me look foolish because of his vendetta....

Less haste, more speed please Mecky.

---------- Post added 16-08-2013 at 16:48 ----------

Talk about a negative spin. This has been happening for years, and is a fun an exciting way to live for young people with little ties or commitments. You get to live in a mansion for pennies.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2010/jan/10/property-guardian-schemes

http://www.thefirstpint.co.uk/2011/01/20/expensive-postcode-super-cheap-rent-become-a-live-in-property-guardian/

http://uk.cameloteurope.com/9/0/rights-responsibilities/becoming-a-live-in-guardian.html

I did it whilst at Uni - got to live in a nice pad whilst caretaking it for the owners. They basically knocked the wage of my caretaking duties (about eight hours a week) off the already low rent and I got a five bed family house to stay in for a year.

Archived