Welcome! Indians and Pakistanis and Germans

Curiously, SheffieldForum attracts over 25% of its traffic from India and Pakistan. I'd like to extend a warm welcome.

Almost 1% of traffic comes from Germany. I'd like to congratulate Rupert Braehr (and associates) for all his efforts.

yes welcome theres plenty of room on here friends,I therefore, passionately request that we have some pakistani and indian immigrants come over to take the place of sf moderaters I feel sure it would improve the quality of the forum - especially if we could have some of working class ,and peasant background who are not privately educated (assuming this doesn't contravene sf employment policy, naturally).

Indeed, if I have understood their position correctly (and I think I have), I believe the sf moderaters themselves would be the first to enthusiastically and happily welcome the immigrants into their offices (as contributing to diversity and multiculuralism) as the former begin to collect their cards and then make their way to the job centre:D.

as for the 1% germans ...somebodys got to make the tea

Curiously, SheffieldForum attracts over 25% of its traffic from India and Pakistan. I'd like to extend a warm welcome.

Almost 1% of traffic comes from Germany. I'd like to congratulate Rupert Braehr (and associates) for all his efforts.

I am pleasantly surprised by the far flung places, ex pats log into from as well.

Can't they just block that range of ip's that are spamming?

Surely it costs the site owners money to service the spamming ip's?

In an ideal world yes, we could. However, in practice because of the way that IPs move all over the place and between different ISPs and different continents, no, we can't.

We have to look at this on an individual user basis and that can mean lots of moderating time dedicated just to this issue.

I would be interested to know whether the breakdown of the location was related to registered users or site visitors who are potentially in the registration process. There are various measures in place in the registration process which have movable parameters that allow us to stop some accounts progressing through registration, so it could very well be that the vast majority of the 25% is traffic from bots or similar knocking on the door and being turned away.

Archived