Minister for Bins wants new build regulations

Phew! Thank God this Government is tackling the big issues head on.

Maybe, but a Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (any Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government) can hardly send the troops into Egypt or the like.

Bin tax anyone?

Sheffield City Council told to shelve 'sneaky' bin tax plans

Now, which party runs SCC? :huh:

Party politics, yaaaaawwwn. Interesting you took that line though

I'm going to save that statement and quote it back to you every time you do your usual NuLabia trolling. :P

Maybe, but a Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (any Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government) can hardly send the troops into Egypt or the like.

Sheffield City Council told to shelve 'sneaky' bin tax plans

Now, which party runs SCC? :huh:

I'm going to save that statement and quote it back to you every time you do your usual NuLabia trolling. :P

That's classy Vague Boy

Erm, its his job.

But he's obsessed. He doesn't give a frig about libraries or respite care or community care or old folks homes but give him a bin story and he's all over the press like a great big idiot on the look out for favourable comments from Jeremy Clarkson.

I could link to a hundred comments from him about bins, how many has he made about food banks or library closures?

At one time, 'they' were going to microchip wheely bins, and possible charge by the weigh of rubbish.

I remember that, but it'll probably just result in people dumping their rubbish in other peoples' bins.

If he gets his way and new houses are required to have little 'bin shelters' built in, will the waste collection people open the shelter, remove the bin, empty it, return it to the shelter and close the door? - Or will the householders still be required to put the bin at the side of the road, as they are now?

---------- Post added 16-08-2013 at 18:11 ----------

At one time, 'they' were going to microchip wheely bins, and possible charge by the weigh of rubbish.

I remember that, but it'll probably just result in people dumping their rubbish in other peoples' bins.

That's why they make bin locks. - And people put their bins out early in the morning.

I think its a brilliant stategy now all they need to do is sort out parking allocations on new builds.

re: the libraries do you think any other inefficient costly and underused facility would last this long in the private sector.

Libraries are out dated and lack identitiy. A comment has been made about councils competing with BT on another thread,why do libraries feel the need to compete with Blockbuster.

Archived