Scarbourgh for a night out?

Quite dead, at least it was in late December. But there are excellent restaurants on Eastborough, the long road that leads down to the seashore.

---------- Post added 16-08-2013 at 19:50 ----------

Oh wait... There’s the Old Scalby Mills. It’s a bit out of the town centre, but I seem to remember having had a great time there, my memory being a tad hazy owing to delightful ales of which I partook.

Very good pub. You can find it by simply following the sea, past Betty Muffet’s Rocks, and it’s about the very last building you will come across. Can strongly recommend it.

Quite dead, at least it was in late December. But there are excellent restaurants on Eastborough, the long road that leads down to the seashore.

---------- Post added 16-08-2013 at 19:50 ----------

Oh wait... There’s the Old Scalby Mills. It’s a bit out of the town centre, but I seem to remember having had a great time there, my memory being a tad hazy owing to delightful ales of which I partook.

Very good pub. You can find it by simply following the sea, past Betty Muffet’s Rocks, and it’s about the very last building you will come across. Can strongly recommend it.

all the towns round here shut down from about october till april, so december will be quite dead LOL

We were there a few weeks ago, not much of a night scene we found an Italian restaraunt which was great and spent most of the night in there.

I know which one you mean. But I don’t go to Scarborough to eat Italian.

---------- Post added 16-08-2013 at 23:07 ----------

all the towns round here shut down from about october till april, so december will be quite dead LOL

That’s the point. I hate seeing other people when I’m on a break.

I visited Scarborough Castle and I had it nearly all to myself. Same for Anne Brontë’s grave. Nothing is more annoying than constantly bumping into bloody tourists.

So, yes, I did like Scarborough. They also have Britain’s largest star-map, and some way out of town, there is Throxenby Mere, which I found to be a most pleasant, deserted little spot on New Year’s Eve.

Archived