Lake at Beighton - any info.

keithg22

From Crystal Peaks on West St going towards Beighton, just up the hill past Baize Snooker and before getting to the angled T Junction there is a lake in the dip behind the houses on the left. Worked my way around and came across a notice which said something like, - private land keep out no children thin ice. No contact details on.

anybody know who owns it and can it be fished with permission or a permit

thanks for any replies.

Its a nice lil pond i havent been up for a few weeks as i gave been going elsewhere, im sure if you go and ask the locals who fish it regularly they will be able to give you more info on joining etc. withe being a new member im not 100% sure.

Hi again spankysufc,

how do you get onto the pond, i have only seen it from the back of st mary church, where you go down some old stone steps, it brings you out to a field on the left with horses in and you can see the water, further past.

ta

The only way is across that horses field mate unless your lucky enough to own one of the houses which surround it :) there is a lane at the side of the cumberland pub which you can drive down. I usually park at the bottom of the steps and walk across the field.

Archived