Police assess new Princess Diana death information

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/429536/EXCLUSIVE-SAS-s-lamping-unit-used-laser-to-dazzle-Princess-Diana-s-driver

Quotes from the article-

"SAS’s lamping unit 'used laser to dazzle Princess Diana's driver'"

"The elite Army detachment was able to kill by shining high density beams called “dazzler lasers” into the eyes of targets.

These either cause road accidents or disorientate victims so they could be killed in another way.

Allegations that Diana died after the driver of her Mercedes, Henri Paul, was “lamped” by an SAS unit on a motorcycle in a Paris underpass in 1997, causing the car to plough into a wall, are supported by witness evidence.

His evidence was disregarded as insignificant at the inquest and subsequent inquiry into the Princess’s death.

However, added to current developments, and with previous testimony from former MI6 spy Richard Tomlinson, it is gaining credibility by the day.

Tomlinson said that the same technique was considered for use in the Balkans for an MI6 plot to assassinate the Serbian leader Slobodan Milosevic."

So, let me ask you again - why would a flash of light cause someone to swerve on a straight road?
Have you ever been unexpectedly flashed in the face at night whilst driving at speed?

Years ago (1991 IIRC) I was, having by that time driven 70-odd miles of pitch-black cross-country motorway (no ambient lighting, nor nearby cities on that stretch: Reims to Jarny on the A4). Speed trap semi-hidden behind a bridge support, with a forward-facing flash, and I was speeding (boo hiss etc.)

It felt like I was physically punched in the face by a hot fist. I was completely blinded for a good 5 seconds or so (distance travelled at approx 150 kp/h = approx 215 meters), luckily that part of the motorway was ramrod straight for a good mile or more. I still had plenty of 'ghosts' dancing in my eyes by the time I arrived at the toll some 10 miles later.

That was a 'normal' camera-type flash, not any fancy "laser light weapony thingymajjig" as is alleged.

Would a flash of light be unusual in a city at night?
per the above, it really depends on the orientation and intensity of the flash. There is a reason why most modern fixed and mobile speed traps photograph with a flash at night from the rear.

Have you ever been unexpectedly flashed in the face at night whilst driving at speed?

Years ago (1991 IIRC) I was, having by that time driven 70-odd miles of pitch-black cross-country motorway (no ambient lighting, nor nearby cities on that stretch: Reims to Jarny on the A4). Speed trap semi-hidden behind a bridge support, with a forward-facing flash, and I was speeding (boo hiss etc.)

It felt like I was physically punched in the face by a hot fist. I was completely blinded for a good 5 seconds or so (distance travelled at approx 150 kp/h = approx 215 meters), luckily that part of the motorway was ramrod straight for a good mile or more. I still had plenty of 'ghosts' dancing in my eyes by the time I arrived at the toll some 10 miles later.

That was a 'normal' camera-type flash, not any fancy "laser light weapony thingymajjig" as is alleged.

per the above, it really depends on the orientation and intensity of the flash. There is a reason why most modern fixed and mobile speed traps photograph with a flash at night from the rear.

And the tunnel was lit anyway.

Archived