~Insurance claim question.

Im making a claim for a car accident. I was hit on a roundabout by an idiot. Ive got all the forms through today and theres a letter asking for various details like what happened, who was there, any witnesses, who hit who, you know the usual stuff but in the letter it asks me to put down any extra info i feel is relevant. Well there is but im not sure its relevant.

Its down to the behaviour of the other bloke involved. Without going into detail its stuff like he and his partner werent able to make a call to the police because of low batteries in their phones yet she was constantly pressing and swiping the screen for a good 40 minutes, he plugged his phone into a computer in the boot of his car yet couldnt make a call the anyone, the fact that neither of them checked on their kid after the incident for at least 10 minutes. In fact this is the first time i realised they werent alone and i was concerned enough to go over and check on him yet they didnt seem that bothered. Theres some other bits and pieces too, nothing on their own but together they paint a picture. Should i just stick to the facts and be concise or should i tell them about this (what i think is ) odd behaviour?

Thanks.

he and his partner werent able to make a call to the police because of low batteries in their phones yet she was constantly pressing and swiping the screen for a good 40 minutes, he plugged his phone into a computer in the boot of his car yet couldnt make a call the anyone.

I guess if one (you?) were able to phone the police that is enough. But if the police were involved, I am assuming it was a serious accident.

Unless you think the odd behaviour could be drug related, I dont think ignoring the child is relevant.

Roundabout accidents can be a bit difficult to prove liability.

I was hit on the island at the Wickersly turn off at the end end of the Parkway.

Six months later I found that it was being treat as Knock for Knock by both insurance companies.

I threatened to call in the ombudsman and suddenly things changed and although the case lasted two years the other side eventually accepted full liability and I received compensation for my injuries.

I guess if one (you?) were able to phone the police that is enough. But if the police were involved, I am assuming it was a serious accident.

Unless you think the odd behaviour could be drug related, I dont think ignoring the child is relevant.

This is the thing i wasnt able. I tried but got no signal. I finally got a signal only to lose it again as the phone tried to connect the call. I told them they may be better trying to make a call but they were adamant their phones werent holding enough charge to make a call.

This is what i find really odd.

Archived