Offa's Dyke: Part of ancient monument "bulldozed"

Why was it bulldozed and if people saw it happening why didn't anybody get the police involved then.. If it is badly damaged then the costs to rebuild it are going to be high and so any punishment meted out should reflect the cost.

The landowner said he had no idea what it was and that he wanted to build some stables in the location according to the telegraph.

I think he should be made to put right the damage as you say.

The landowner said he had no idea what it was and that he wanted to build some stables in the location according to the telegraph.

I think he should be made to put right the damage as you say.

What sort of knuckle dragging moron doesn't realise that an ancient monument is sitting on their land???

Something like that would not have been left out of the deeds, and you certainly wouldn't be able to get planning permission to build anything so close to it.

I thought that if he was putting up stables he should have had to apply for planning permission

then he would have found out that he was planning to destroy an ancient monument

looks like he broke more laws there then

Should get maximum for that as well

Archived