Is this child abuse?

No. We don't have thought police.

Would you think it child abuse if it was a Palestinian child indoctrinated and brainwashed into walking into an Israeli market with a bomb belt?

I'm not religious, never have been, think it's gobblededook.. but I have no problem with believers as long as they are private, don't wish to corrupt our schools or parliament and don't have aspirations for their fairytales to play any role in society.

The hostility of the indoctrinated towards atheists is rather revealing.

Clearly having someone else not believe the same thing as you is threatening to this poor child.

Surely this angry young man should "turn the other cheek" or some such thing? Or read up about the meek inheriting the earth.

More meekness is required here. Much more.

Many parents feed their children so that their health is affected; is that child abuse?

Probably not, but its sad that so many children are dragged into this world by ignorant people that can barely look after themselves.

Would you think it child abuse if it was a Palestinian child indoctrinated and brainwashed into walking into an Israeli market with a bomb belt?

I'm not religious, never have been, think it's gobblededook.. but I have no problem with believers as long as they are private, don't wish to corrupt our schools or parliament and don't have aspirations for their fairytales to play any role in society.

Yes, but then you are talking about something different.

If you think feeding children might be child abuse then you must think that not feeding children must be a form of care.

I don't think you've quite understood the point there. Feeding a child such that their health is affected, for example by feeding them too much "unhealthy" food so that they become obese could quite easily be seen as abuse. Not feeding a child would also affect their health and could also be seen as abuse.

Do you have obese children?

I don't mind religious fundamentalists. You know where you stand with them, to a large degree. He does believe that I'm going to hell. That's his view, and he's entitled to it.

However, I don't believe that. Aslong as he doesn't push his belief upon on me, and take away my rights to be free from his religion - we have a way to live together.

Plus, any God that would punish me, wouldn't be one I'd worship anyway.

Archived