Distinctive people who catch your eye

I was walking home yesterday when I was struck by some paintings displayed in the window of an empty shop at the top of Charter Row.

The paintings were of some of Sheffield's most distinctive characters including one of the guy who sits on Castle Square steps with the pigeons.

It just got me thinking about some of the characters you see round Sheffield, like the friendly lady who sang hymns to all and sundry on the tram; or the teddy boy who bears a striking resemlance to Sammy Davis Junior.

Who makes you smile when your out and about in town?

The guy who I think has learning difficulties and wears tight shorts and long socks?

The black guy who wears German army gear or skinhead garb?

That friendly, jovial singing black lady used to be a teacher, apparently?

Is that the one that shakes a tambourine or plays his bontempi organ for money outside Mothercare?

Is that the one that shakes a tambourine or plays his bontempi organ for money outside Mothercare?

I think it's the same guy you often see outside Sainsbury's on the Moor. Tinted glasses, red cowboy hat, terrible singing voice!

The guy who I think has learning difficulties and wears tight shorts and long socks?

The black guy who wears German army gear or skinhead garb?

That friendly, jovial singing black lady used to be a teacher, apparently?

I understand that the black lady who sang the gospel songs on the bus, and all round the city centre was deported about a year ago?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6467235

Archived