OATES/GREAVES/PARKIN/WOODMANSEY families, file cutters from Sheffield

Sorry it’s a long post but help needed please !!

Please check out this link to a Picture Sheffield image for a

“Group of Workers outside an unnamed File Cutting Shop in Grammar Street, possibly rear of No 192 “

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoomWindow&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s09194&prevUrl=

Would love to identify the taller gentleman centre-back.

As we look at this picture the chap to his left is Thomas OATES (1880-1956) and they both appear in another photo .....

This is a group photograph taken to celebrate the Golden Wedding in 1913 of

Thomas OATES (1841-1923) and his wife Ann GREAVES (1846-1925)

http://s362.photobucket.com/user/VTheaker/media/Oates_Family_Portrait.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Thomas is one of 11 children, son of Daniel OATES (1819-1872) and Hannah PARKIN (1820-1900)

Ann is seated in the centre, wearing glasses and flower, Thomas seated right.

Directly behind Ann, is Rose Hannah OATES nee SWIFT (1835-1935).

Her husband Herbert Parkin OATES (1857-1947), younger brother to Thomas, is kneeling on the right of the photo. Herbert and Rose lived at 205 Greaves St and 25 Willis Road.

Also Jessey Madeline OATES born 1867 married Kirk WOODMANSEY in 1891 and their daughter Annie married Reginald MOORE in 1910, their child Ruby MOORE born 1911 is mentioned as the latest edition to the family.

I have all the Census information, but need to put some faces to the names.

I have numbered each person on the larger group photo but would be very grateful if readers can help me to identify ANYONE on either photo please?

Many thanks

Vicki

Archived