ASDA say they are the cheapest supermarket.

Asda only compare themselves to the other big three not Aldi or Lidl how can they say they are the cheapest.Since we have done our shop at Aldi and Lidl we save about a third on our weekly shop. You people who only shop at the big four give Aldi and Lidl a go you will be pleasantly surprised and the fruit and veg. are as good if not better than the big four.

I completely agree!! I used to shop at Morrisons and was spending on average £140 per week and the main thing I got fed up with was buying 'fresh' vegetables and herbs for my rabbit and guinea pig and by the following day they were turning soggy and fluffy, therefore no good for them to eat. I can't imagine how much money I threw away because of it, then somebody told me to try Aldi and I now do our full weekly shop there and spend approximately £80 per week and have never had a single problem with anything I've bought for us or the animals, and I personally think the fruit and veg is much fresher and tastier!!

We tried the Aldi 4 week Challenge and swapped Asda home brand (and most branded) for Aldi home brand and apart from the fruit and veg, I don't think it as great as everyone is saying.

It was cheaper, but from the taste and quality of the food, you could tell (IMO). I prefer Asda home brand meat, bread, chilled and frozen foods. I don't buy fruit and veg from supermarkets as I find like ll49 said, they go soggy. Normally nip round the corner to the fruit n veg store.

I did save about £17 a week with the Aldi Challenge which was great. But I wouldn't have them as my main supermarket again.

I imagine they will soon have to add Aldi into the Top 4 as Which? are totally backing them up on most items now and their home products (Washing powder etc) isn't too bad.

Anyway, thought I'd throw my 2cents in. :) Have a lovely day x

They are all able to say they are the cheapest supermarket if they choose a basket that is cheapest in their shop. Another shop could choose a basket that is cheaper in their shop and they would be able to say they were cheaper.

That's how they can all say they're the cheapest.

My basket might be cheaper at ASDA, your bag might be cheaper at Lidle. Depends what you buy.

We also tried Aldi some things we found cheaper, I now do my weekly shop online at my supermarket.com and normally pick Asda, it makes shopping so much easier and we're get it delivered for £3 cheaper than driving there and no hassle, we too found our shop cost dropped from around £100 a week to £60 or £70 purely because we bought what we needed rather than buy one get one frees and so called special offers, less browsing at things we don't need.

No, if you want when you shop can accept substitutes which just means if you say ordered utterly butterly and they didn't have any they may send clover, if the clover was more expensive you get it at the cheaper price or when the delivery person arrives you can say you don't want the substitute and you get a refund. You can also still do the Asda price guarantee. I suppose you could get an inferior product but when it arrives you just say you don't want it, I've been doing it for months now and have very few problems if you do have a problem there is an 0800 number on the paperwork that comes with your order and they can and do refund money!

---------- Post added 18-08-2013 at 18:04 ----------

As for poor quality fruit and veg, I've not had problems. I stopped shopping at Morrisons a couple of years ago because their fruit and veg was well shocking to be honest. So I swapped between Tesco and Asda and occasionally Aldi. Now Asda has won the battle for me.

I do my big shop at Tesco, that's because I don't drive and the taxis are outside, usually costs me £4.50 cheaper than online delivery prices I find -just bung it all in the taxi and home.

In the week it's usually a choice of Asda or Aldi, though I do use Sainsbury's café, oh also use Iceland for the three litre bottles of CocaCola, Fanta or Sprite.

Fruit and veg. any of the above depending on convenience as to where I am

i find asda's food to be very 'budget' and untasteful at the very least. even when u buy a decent piece of steak it is very bland. morrisons own brand however i find to be totally different. even the cheapest of things at morrisons has a taste to it imo.

No, if you want when you shop can accept substitutes which just means if you say ordered utterly butterly and they didn't have any they may send clover, if the clover was more expensive you get it at the cheaper price or when the delivery person arrives you can say you don't want the substitute and you get a refund. You can also still do the Asda price guarantee. I suppose you could get an inferior product but when it arrives you just say you don't want it, I've been doing it for months now and have very few problems if you do have a problem there is an 0800 number on the paperwork that comes with your order and they can and do refund money!

---------- Post added 18-08-2013 at 18:04 ----------

As for poor quality fruit and veg, I've not had problems. I stopped shopping at Morrisons a couple of years ago because their fruit and veg was well shocking to be honest. So I swapped between Tesco and Asda and occasionally Aldi. Now Asda has won the battle for me.

Thanks for that.

I might give it a try.

Archived