Ageing Wines & Spirits

'Dechanting' What's that all about? :help:

Decanting my man, open your bottle and pour the contents into your decanter, then let it breathe for an hour or so before pouring a glass. Lets the oxygen you have assiduously kept from it till drinky time get to work on it and improves the flavour.

Don't listen to these amateurs.

I have a special wine and whisky storing cellar deep underground with oak casks and stuff with rum and other crap, bring your whiskys to me, I'll lay them down for a minimum of 60 years and you'll reap the benefits.

(the value of your whisky can go up and down, amounts of whisky can go down due to sampling and quaffing, the barrel may be empty 'cos I've drunk it, it's your fault for being an idiot)

Don't listen to these amateurs.

I have a special wine and whisky storing cellar deep underground with oak casks and stuff with rum and other crap, bring your whiskys to me, I'll lay them down for a minimum of 60 years and you'll reap the benefits.

(the value of your whisky can go up and down, amounts of whisky can go down due to sampling and quaffing, the barrel may be empty 'cos I've drunk it, it's your fault for being an idiot)

In 60 years we will be dead :hihi:

Archived