Suggestions about tourist places

Every time I've been to Germany, I've been shown respect as a British person by the majority of Germans. Once or twice I got short-shrift but maybe they thought I was some other nationality. All I can say is that I've been made welcome every time I've been and so have other people that I know.

Hamburg is beautiful. Also recommended are Freiburg in the Black Forest, Heidelberg, Baden Baden and Munich. Berlin is my favourite German city. Ryanair fly to Schonefeld from East Midlands. There are big distances between those places though so I'd stick to the south - Baden Wurttemberg and Bavaria. You can nip into Austria and Switzerland from there although they cover a lot of land.

Every time I've been to Germany, I've been shown respect as a British person by the majority of Germans. Once or twice I got short-shrift but maybe they thought I was some other nationality. All I can say is that I've been made welcome every time I've been and so have other people that I know.
I was made very welcome and treated very well at the time I worked there.

Contrary to what some people believe, the Germans do have a sense of humour.

This episode of Fawlty Towers really was one of their favourites.

"Don't mention the war" :hihi:

Archived