Which bars would you like to see in Sheffield

firecracker

Which of these Leeds bars would you like to see in Sheffield?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Leeds bars would you like to see in Sheffield?

• Hard Rock Cafe
    • Jongleurs/Bar Risa
    • Babycream
    • Prohibition
    • The Living Room
    • Tiger Tiger
    • The Sports Cafe
    • All of them
    • None of them

I voted for all of them. In order to see these bars in Sheffield, a bank of big brother-esque monitors would flank the peace gardens (possibly in the windows of that stupid hotel). The monitors would show the 'happenings' going on in Leeds, people 'hooking up' and 'having a good time'. Hopefully this voyeuristic exploration of a load of coked-up f**k monkeys with 83 haircuts 'getting their rocks off' to funky house and RnB and buying each other £8 cocktails will discourage people in Sheffield from doing the same.

I'd also include a 20p coinslot for giving people the option of periodically giving a person of your choice an electrocution on-screen.

None none none and none. We really don't need/want any of these. The day Jongleurs/Bar Risa shows up I'm going to cry. These are bars for cities with no imagination, spirit or independence of any kind.

So you would be describing not only Leeds, but cities like London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Bristol, Nottingham, New York, Sydney and Tokyo as having no imagination as well.

At the last count there are 7 Hard Rock Cafes, 13 (shortly to be 15) Living Rooms, 7 (shortly to be 10) Sports Cafes, 9 Tiger Tigers and 17 Jongleurs/Bar Risas nationally.

I believe the two I was most interested in were Prohibition and Living room. Both very low numbers for UK bars. How many wetherspoons are there?

Probably more spoons in south yorkshire than living rooms nationwide.

What a moron. As for prohibition i see you didn't bother to quote the lowly 2 in the UK. And anyway, leeds is a much better city for bars. Would be pointless if this poll named a load of smaller 1 off bars that no one would of heard of.

WOW OMG! How teeny tiny are your brains ? They aren't chain pubs compared to all the pubs and clubs we already have in Sheffield. They would actually be "unique" bars. We already have Llyods, Scream, Varsity's, Wetherspoons, RVSP, Vodka Rev ETC So bars like Living Room of which there are only say 10 in the country, would be a "unique" bar with "character and individuality" and "far more interesting" than the chain pubs we do have now.

OMG! Think about what I'm saying here for a second, does no-body understand?!

So you would be describing not only Leeds, but cities like London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Bristol, Nottingham, New York, Sydney and Tokyo as having no imagination as well.

Many of these cities have the luxury of several districts which are quite independent from each other. I think you'll find the same general state of depression and boredom around any of the districts in which Hard Rock Cafe/Jongleurs etc. are based ;) The point really is though, what is it that makes these cities great? I don't think anyone will give you a list with those bars on it. So if we're writing a wish list why would we include them??

There's no hard and fast rule here. I'm sure there are areas which are quite fine and which have chain bars. However, I don't think any of these would bring anything positive to Sheffield.

And who says I think all the Yates/Wetherspoons/Scream are a good idea?! Saying we already have chain pubs so we might as well have more isn't really a logical argument.

At the end of the day I think it's inevitiable and these places will come to Sheffield. And it's inevitable that people will go and have as good of time they can have and maybe even think they're having a better time than they are. However, the question was, which of these do you want to see in Sheffield....

Could definitely do with a Sports Cafe so I'm not paying £2.30 a pint just to watch the rugby and can happily wear my shirt without being asked to leave by bouncers or bar managers.

Other than that when I'm back home I always enjoy a trip to Ba Ba so one of those would be brilliant :)

Could definitely do with a Sports Cafe so I'm not paying £2.30 a pint just to watch the rugby and can happily wear my shirt without being asked to leave by bouncers or bar managers.

Other than that when I'm back home I always enjoy a trip to Ba Ba so one of those would be brilliant :)

The bad news is - it's £2.50 a pint at Sports Cafe, but the good news is - you can still wear your rugby shirt without being asked to leave.:hihi:

Archived