How do you go about finding a cleaner?

I am not in Sheffield so this is not a job offer!

I would like to get a cleaner-ideally a self employed one as I would rather pay them than an agency. I don't know where to start, is there any kind of register?

I have found some on Gumtree, they say fully insured (don't know what that covers or how to check this) and offer references. Is that the best way to go? I don't know anyone that has a cleaner in my area unfortunately.

I am not in Sheffield so this is not a job offer!

I would like to get a cleaner-ideally a self employed one as I would rather pay them than an agency. I don't know where to start, is there any kind of register?

I have found some on Gumtree, they say fully insured (don't know what that covers or how to check this) and offer references. Is that the best way to go? I don't know anyone that has a cleaner in my area unfortunately.

Go to Google and type cleaning services followed by your location.

yes thank you for that. I have actually tried it:hihi:

It brings up a list of agencies which is not what I was looking for.

Is that all, every time I look for a business on Google it brings up an whole verity of websites some relevant and some irrelevant, it just requires a little effort to find the one you want. Post your location and some kind hearted members might even do the searching for you.

There are usually notices offering cleaning services in the newsagent or post office window

This is your best way of finding someone local or you could place a wanted notice in one of the above places. Be careful of who you hire if you take this route.

Is that all, every time I look for a business on Google it brings up an whole verity of websites some relevant and some irrelevant, it just requires a little effort to find the one you want. Post your location and some kind hearted members might even do the searching for you.

thank you oh wise one. wise enough to read the title but not wise enough to read the first post!

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 17:23 ----------

This is your best way of finding someone local or you could place a wanted notice in one of the above places. Be careful of who you hire if you take this route.

yeah this is my issue! how to check them?

thank you oh wise one. wise enough to read the title but not wise enough to read the first post!

I read it and everything I have said stands, Google it and read more than the first website, what you want is likely to be there but it takes a little effort to find it.

Archived