Racist Chants gets you 3 years banned

jester6881

I think it's an excellent idea. If this sort of punishment was handed out more often, it might curb the idiot element (even if "you cannot educate pork", as the saying goes) and get racism out of the game.

It was the same when that young lass (the Wednesday supporter) got burnt at the lane by those morons who were firing flares, a couple of years back before wednedsay went down.

I'm a blade, and I was disgusted that these morons could have done such a thing.

Those brain dead cretins can't call themselves "fans". That's not ""Supporting your team" by any stretch of the imagination.

The punishment they got for firing that flare was just 3 months (IIRC) in the nick, and an 18 month ban from football grounds across the country.

IMO, it should have been a minimum if 18 months in the nick, and a lifetime ban from football grounds would have been more appropriate.

I go to watch my team play, win, lose or draw. I don't go to create aggro, or scream racist abuse at the other team's players.

PT

We are all racist mad, i go to watch wednesday, and never heard any for years

you must have missed that match the other week, then, where the Wednesday "supporter" got nicked, and received a 3 yrs ban for for making monkey chants at the black players on the other team...

PT

you must have missed that match the other week, then, where the Wednesday "supporter" got nicked, and received a 3 yrs ban for for making monkey chants at the black players on the other team...

PT

i did actually miss that? and have not heard about this......

on another note, just because this supporter or any other for that matter decides to be racist does not stop them becomming a "supporter" of which ever football team they follow.

im sure these people dont just go to games to be racist.

PT

that incident happend at the play off semi final v brentford last season if its the same one im thinkihg it is

Can you chant about fat people, or football players with ginger hair still? is that ok?

or is this all PC madness.

I wonder how much the monkey chants (although I personally believe was wrong) was actually about being racist and how much was intended as disratction to the oponent team?

I remember Gordon Banks, they threw bananas at him, he ate one and threw it back, every one laughed then appladed, and took part in the fun .....if that happened today,..... the "ime so offended" bragade would have a birthday

Monkey chants.......Well this is just light hearted banter at best.... and just bad manners at the worst.....and football has a tradition of bad manners, suddenly we are all super sensitive.

it's racist crap chanted by racist scum...i hope none of the 'i'm so offended brigade' are offended by that:rant:

Archived