Racist Chants gets you 3 years banned

jester6881

Waffer, you joined the Forum because you have something to say.

Fine.

But it would be nice if you could treat your fellow-, and certainly longer-standing forummers with a little more respect. The likes of Plain Talker have been posting well-informed, intelligent posts for years without ever once having to resort to personal insults and the like.

As Scottf says, it would appear your being here is simply to 'wind people up'.

By all means, let's have healthy debate, but offending fellow forummers will win you no friends whatsoever.

Waffer, you joined the Forum because you have something to say.

Fine.

But it would be nice if you could treat your fellow-, and certainly longer-standing forummers with a little more respect. The likes of Plain Talker have been posting well-informed, intelligent posts for years without ever once having to resort to personal insults and the like.

As Scottf says, it would appear your being here is simply to 'wind people up'.

By all means, let's have healthy debate, but offending fellow forummers will win you no friends whatsoever.

s/he's just another in a long list of trolls (with NOTHING to say)

Ousetunes, and Scottf, I appreciate your support; thanks.

I made the hard of thinking comment because I wanted to give waffer the benefit of the doubt that s/he was a troll, but (it's a rare occurrance) I was obviously wrong.

Waffer, it doesn't take more than a hap'orth of intelligence to cotton on to the fact about the insidiousness of racist/ monkey chants at black players being unacceptable.

my comments regarding the "good natured" retorts that GB gave back still stands. it's a different situation, when a white player is heckled with monkey chants than when a black player is heckled with the same. it's much less benign when aimed at a black player. You call a white person a "w*g" or a "N****r", and you would be met with a bemused or puzzled expression. you use the W or the N word at a black person, there's a whole other undercurrent and meaning to the use and intent.

PT

waffer a bit of friendly advice

stay hidden behind that name you made "waffer" dont let anyone know who you are or there could be 1001 people after you

lets see if people see the "banter " in that then eh?

LOL

dont worry too much,

i hear that sheffields hospitals do good food these days and hopefully youll be able to claim "incapacity benefit" too :P

Unfortunately, most of the people who sing racist chants probably only see it as being like calling, for example, Paddy Kenny a fat *******. I don't believe that they are actually racist, just that they are doing it to try and put off the opposition.

I am not in any way condoning it and the only reason I can see it happening is because they can't find anything else to pick on. e.g on saturday what could the Wednesday fans have sung at Akinbeye - You're tall, fast, good at scoring - no, so a small minority (morons) pick on the only thing they can (his race).

freddylee ....what the hell are you on about ///... shall we both sign up to the nazi party,..... you pathetic social nazi..... push my name around most people know who i am......but you ...you Coward will run away/

I've had a couple of online discussions with Freddylee.

Check out Freddylees other posts. I reckon he'd be more than easy to find. I wouldn't call him a coward and I don't see him running away.

Archived