Working tax credit.

My wife is 60 and works 25 hours a week. Can she claim tax credits or does it depend on my earnings and/or any savings. Our kids are grown up.

i think it depends on household income but the link provided above by taxman will help provide an answer

my partner might be able to work full (she only works 15 hrs at the moment) time but i cant work due to disabillity.If i'v read it right we might be able to get our money topped up.

If part of a couple one of them needs to be working 24 hours a week minimum.

Depends on partner's capability to work. If one is disabled then it is 16. If both are capable of work, the couple have to do 24 between them.

Complex, innit?

Well Chris when I rang up the other week, I'm disabled & my wife works 18 hours a week, I was told she has to work 24+ fella to qualify but cheers I'll re look into it.

I am not capable of doing work at all.

Pete

Well Chris when I rang up the other week, I'm disabled & my wife works 18 hours a week, I was told she has to work 24+ fella to qualify but cheers I'll re look into it.

Okay, my error. That's only relevant if you have dependant children.

How old are you and your wife?

More information here. http://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/wtchelp.aspx

Archived