Washer Dryer Machines

Hello, having used Hotpoint washer dryers for over 5 years, I am coming to the conclusion that the drying facility is nowhere near as good as having a separate dryer machine.

So am wondering what the best models and brands are that will still be a washer dryer all in one with the dryer facility being a lot better and effective like having a separate unit.

I need an all in one for a small flat so am wanted the best budget option around, cheers.

I do appreciate everyone's help on this board as some never see and I know I ask lots of inane questions, but living alone, we all need places to vent things, hope to get a response to this thread, cheers again.

Hello, having used Hotpoint washer dryers for over 5 years, I am coming to the conclusion that the drying facility is nowhere near as good as having a separate dryer machine.

So am wondering what the best models and brands are that will still be a washer dryer all in one with the dryer facility being a lot better and effective like having a separate unit.

I need an all in one for a small flat so am wanted the best budget option around, cheers.

I do appreciate everyone's help on this board as some never see and I know I ask lots of inane questions, but living alone, we all need places to vent things, hope to get a response to this thread, cheers again.

You will never get anything as good as a seperate vented dryer. So make space for one if possible :hihi:

I bought a Beko washing machine which replaced my old Hotpoint washer/dryer machine which had been nothing but trouble, its only a washer but its great and the spin is so powerful, my clothes, especially lightweights are three quarters dry, bit different for sheets though.

Many years ago, I had a washer/drier, think it was an Indesit, and it was absolute rubbish! It never used to dry them properly. Bear in mind also, that you cannot dry the same amount as you can wash, so have to take some items out and do them separately.

Much better, in my opinion, to get a good make of washer with a very high spin speed which gets them almost dry anyway. Mine is a 1600 spin speed and its brilliant!

IMHO

LG washer-driers are a good compromise.

Mine is now at least 6 years old, Is used at LEAST 3 times a week and in the winter for drying.

No belts, no brushes, and the drier is OK (Not as quick as a separate dryer, however MUCH cheaper to run)

At the time it was the "Which" washer-drier best buy.

It wasn't cheap, but it did/does everything I wanted of it and it has never missed a beat.

The ONLY downside (or is it?) is that it will not spin unless the load is balanced, which can be a pain if you are not there to correct it, however it stops the machine being damaged by overloading and/or incorrect loading.

Horses for courses....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived