Dangerous driving - punishment??

Points and a reasonable chance of a ban. I'd put money on nothing more. Fine will depend on salary.

I've had clients kill people, be charged with death by dangerous and not end up in prison. In fact the only dangerous drive I've seen sent down was disqualified at the time.

Which firms have you approached by the way?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

There was a few that i contacted just for free advice. I dont know how i would ever live with myself if i did seriously injure someone. From now on ill be taking extra care not ever cause such incident again. I already feel so ashamed and kicking myself so much about whats happened. Im so thankful no one got hurt

Points and a reasonable chance of a ban. I'd put money on nothing more.

Having only had the licence for 22 months then it'd only need 6 points under the current rules to ban? Or does it depend on when they are added rather than the date of offence? Not that I'm saying he should string the process out but if that's a consideration......?

Yeah thats correct. Less than 2 years is 6 points for an instant ban. But i believe its from when the points get issued so at the court hearing. Its can take anything up to 6 months to be taken to court from the incident date. Ive had my licence 2 years in october. If points get applied before then than its through no fault of my own and will have to deal with it.

Yeah thats correct. Less than 2 years is 6 points for an instant ban. But i believe its from when the points get issued so at the court hearing. Its can take anything up to 6 months to be taken to court from the incident date. Ive had my licence 2 years in october. If points get applied before then than its through no fault of my own and will have to deal with it.

Technically it’s not a ban; you just have to reapply for your licence and pass another driving test, which probably wouldn't be a bad thing in the circumstances.

Mistakes happen. Take it on the chin, thank god no one is hurt and see what happens! That's all you can do! Also people reading this thread can take it on board as well and just think before overtaking! At least you weren't one of those absolute scumbags that go flying past people who are already doing speed limit!

Technically it’s not a ban; you just have to reapply for your licence and pass another driving test, which probably wouldn't be a bad thing in the circumstances.

I thought 6 points on a license that was held under 2 years is a 12 month ban?? Id be happy to pass another driving test if i had to. Either way i bet majority of the country make driving offences (probably not half as serious as mine) but how many people speed?? I know a few people that have been caught drink driving and got off scott free. Mistakes are made everyday. Im torn up by what ive done - i vow never to make the same mistake twice!

---------- Post added 20-08-2013 at 22:33 ----------

Mistakes happen. Take it on the chin, thank god no one is hurt and see what happens! That's all you can do! Also people reading this thread can take it on board as well and just think before overtaking! At least you weren't one of those absolute scumbags that go flying past people who are already doing speed limit!

Dude - i dont think i will ever try to ove take anyone again!! Impatience kills. I know this and understand how quickly things can go wrong. Ive never experienced a car accident first hand! I wont be experiencing another one not on my behalf anyway through stupidity!

Archived