Dangerous driving - punishment??

The solicitors ive spoke to are wanting hundreds i havent got that amount of money

If you get interviewed by plod and you cant afford your own you can get one appointed to represent you for free.

If (and its a big if) they decide to cart you off for interview. Just say to them "im not speaking until i have a solicitor" in fact they ask you when you are being booked in if you want a solicitor.

Just say yes and theyll give you a free one.

Seriously though, try not to stress too much. If you go to court thats when you can tell your side and throw yourself on the courts mercy. If you get them on a bad day, well sorry but it wont go well. On a good day, you may not even get the 6 points that will lose you your license.

If you explain that you need your car for your your job and your willing to pay a bigger fine for less points (ex mate of mine did this, the fine was huge though but he only got 3 points) you may even get a sympathetic judge/mag who will consider it.

I got to stress im not a legal person of any kind. All i know is from personal experience and the experiences of people i know or have spoken to. If anything ive told you is wrong then im sure someone will come along and correct me. :)

---------- Post added 21-08-2013 at 11:11 ----------

It'd have to be for you I suppose.. :)

Yes, thats right :)

Well is that it or do you have some more?

I just dont want to go to prison or lose my job - but no one got injured so prison is unlikely i hope. And my job has nothing to do with driving. I will ask for a solicitor. Thanks for thr advice your being a big help!

No problem mate.

Ive had a bit of a look online and found this

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/legal-advice/careless-driving.html

It has some good advice, tells you what some of the legal jargon means and has links to other info.

Give it a look when you have 5 minutes and see if theres anything that can be of use to you.

I just dont want to go to prison or lose my job - but no one got injured so prison is unlikely i hope. And my job has nothing to do with driving. I will ask for a solicitor. Thanks for thr advice your being a big help!

Some people on the internet live a perfect lifestyle where they sit on their moral high ground having never done anything wrong in their lives, it would be nice to be so perfect.

It's good that you've scared yourself because you'll learn from it, you had a lucky escape. As a teen I took a corner too fast on the parkway and ended up doing a 360 spin. Again luckily no one was hurt and I didn't actually crash into anything. Just changed my pants and learnt my lesson :hihi:

The chance of you going to prison is practically zero and unless you actually drive for a living I am sure your job will be safe as well. Crossing double whites is a big no no even if it looks safe so I imagine you will at least get a fine, points or a short term ban. Did the police see this happen or did the coach or other witnesses give an account of what happened?

Glad no one got hurt :)

Archived