Photo from St Helens 1950's

CaRaBi

Found a pic today with a photograph label with wedding bells on the front of it and the following

Eric Fishwick (it could be a H instead of a K at the end of name, but its right on a crease so hard to see)

1 Corporation Street

St Helens

Anyone shine some light on this for me, I presume its a photographer,

thanks Carabi

Hi CaRaBi - yes, Eric Fishwick (1915-1981) was a St Helens photographer, also in the 1970s/80s his firm 'Eric Fishwick Ltd' was a leading mail-order supplier of photographic equipment. They advertised in such magazines as Amateur Photographer and used to hold annual "photo fairs" at Haydock Park. I still have the "gadget bag" and a small tripod I bought from them, also some photo frames etc. Their prices were not always the keenest but they were a very good firm to deal with and so had a loyal customer base. After Eric died his son Ian continued the business but the firm went into liquidation (voluntary or otherwise) in the 1990s. Hope this is helpful..:)

Archived