Sun Loungers and Those Towels

Just had a cracking week off in Spain and try as I might to destress, two things continued to get on my goat.

1 - It's gone on for years and used to be solely attributed to Germans. The case of towels on sun loungers from the first crack of dawn (indeed, often left the night before!) leaving everyone else to find their own loungers when they finally make it pool side. I don't have a problem with folk 'reserving' their loungers if they're popping off for a bit of breakfast or something; what does get me though are the people who you never even see make it pool side as they tend to arrive mid to late afternoon (by which time I've often had enough and left) denying others the usage of sun loungers for around 7 hours.

New rule required: if a towel is left on a sun lounger longer than 3 hours without being occupied, throw the towel in the pool and claim the lounger for yourself.

2 - Never noticed this so much before: people standing at lift doors, their noses practically touching them so that when you actually wish to vacate the lift, you have to battle through a screen of faces and bodies trying to get in whilst you're still there yourself. When you are forced to shoulder your way though them they look surprised.

New rule required: air bag to explode in the faces of those standing too close when the lift doors finally open.

There.

Weve just been to Spain too, but the pool area was locked till 10am, so people just queued at the doors. Although I though 10 was a bit late, the queuing for it seemed pretty fair.

I left our room at 9:50 every morning and still got the same 5 sunbeds every day.

Yeah its annoying, but the Brits are as bad as the Germans...what the hotel should do, is walk round and if the sun beds have not been used for a while, then pile the towels up in a certain area...some hotels realise its an annoying issue and do try to address it, whereas some hotels expect people to behave like adults, and the loungers get left unused most of the day....its sooo annoying...:suspect:

Just had a cracking week off in Spain and try as I might to destress, two things continued to get on my goat.

1 - It's gone on for years and used to be solely attributed to Germans. The case of towels on sun loungers from the first crack of dawn (indeed, often left the night before!) leaving everyone else to find their own loungers when they finally make it pool side. I don't have a problem with folk 'reserving' their loungers if they're popping off for a bit of breakfast or something; what does get me though are the people who you never even see make it pool side as they tend to arrive mid to late afternoon (by which time I've often had enough and left) denying others the usage of sun loungers for around 7 hours.

New rule required: if a towel is left on a sun lounger longer than 3 hours without being occupied, throw the towel in the pool and claim the lounger for yourself.

2 - Never noticed this so much before: people standing at lift doors, their noses practically touching them so that when you actually wish to vacate the lift, you have to battle through a screen of faces and bodies trying to get in whilst you're still there yourself. When you are forced to shoulder your way though them they look surprised.

New rule required: air bag to explode in the faces of those standing too close when the lift doors finally open.

There.

I don't have a problem with it because I'm always guaranteed a sun lounger, my principle is that if it doesn't have a body on it and there are no other empty loungers then I just take it.

I don't have a problem with it because I'm always guaranteed a sun lounger, my principle is that if it doesn't have a body on it and there are no other empty loungers then I just take it.

Correct.Pick up towel place on floor sit on lounger/chair,very easy.

There.

They must be the same ones who try and get on the tram as soon as the doors open and who look aggrieved when someone tries to pass them in an attempt to get off!

There.

3 hours?!!! That's sooooo rude. An hour is even too long. The only time a sun lounger should be unoccupied is when you're going for a swim, or a drink. To go off for a meal or a siesta or a walk to the shops and leave your towels on is disgusting. If you're not in the pool area, you should not leave your towels on. Then there would be enough for everyone.

There.

I don't leave it 3 hours if there are no bags etc left with sunbeds I just remove towel and claim bed as mine for the day! I don't have the patience to be looking around for a free sunbed when I'm on my jollies ;)

Archived