New motorway service station

zlib

Brilliant, right next door to where I work. So thats more roadworks, and more traffic for god knows how long. Also, the woods there have kestrels and buzzards nesting in them, we regularly see them hovering around, as well as other birds and wildlife. Would be a real shame to lose it.

I wouldn't worry about that mate, think of the profits to be made. :(

Won't be a lot of jobs though will it? That said there is quite a gap between Woodall and Woolley edge compared with the rest of the m1.

From Meadowhall....ten minutes south to Woodhall, ten minutes north to Wooley edge. That's twenty minutes between the two.

Are drivers suddenly incontinent or summat?

Do they need a pee stop every ten minutes?

Why else would you stop at one of these overpriced places...

From Meadowhall....ten minutes south to Woodhall, ten minutes north to Wooley edge. That's twenty minutes between the two.

Are drivers suddenly incontinent or summat?

Do they need a pee stop every ten minutes?

Why else would you stop at one of these overpriced places...

It's not like people need to stop at every services, but if you look at the rest of the m1, woodhall and Woolley moor is the biggest gap, certainly in terms of number of junctions.

It is for the lazy.

I do a 560 mile round journey and not once do i need to call in at a service station.

A medal is in the post. ;););)

Lorry drivers don't have that luxury, by law. Families might not have much of a choice either. And don't you notice the signs mr 560 mile round trip DON'T DRIVE TIRED. :):)

A medal is in the post. ;););)

Lorry drivers don't have that luxury, by law. Families might not have much of a choice either. And don't you notice the signs mr 560 mile round trip DON'T DRIVE TIRED. :):)

:huh:

Why assume i drive tired ? For the record, i don't.

Because anyone who drives 280 miles stright without stopping once is completely irresponsible, dangerous and obviously fatigued whether they chooose to believe it or not.

Even at a legal maximum motorway speed limit that's still 4 hours driving non stop. On minor routes it would be even longer.

Safe? Perfectly acceptable? Perfectly credible and realistic? My arse it is.

Where ever you choose to stop, be it a service station / parking layby or other location - some people find facilities useful. If you are on a motorway, the more options the better. Not everyone can or wants to venture off and find things nearby - even if they are only round the corner.

In terms of the topic of this thread I really dont see what all the fuss is about - its hardly chopping down the amazon rainforest is it? Its a piece of land stuck between the M1 and an industrial park. Why not put it to use.

Edited by ECCOnoob

:huh:

Why assume i drive tired ? For the record, i don't.

Apologies, I assuming you have the same driving habits as me. I might drive (or share the driving) to destination A (in the south east) do a job and drive back. I guess if you take a scenic route to say Devon (250 miles away) stop at a tea room, enjoy a few days there then do the same on the way back - you could avoid them easily, unless you have a tiny bladder.