New motorway service station

zlib

Cosywolf, perhaps you would care to outline the essential differences between a newish wood and an old one. Why would this be a reason to oppose this development and the creation of new jobs?

Things are difficult enough having to get ideas approved by our idiotic planners without opposition from environmental groups. The developers are proposing to invest millions into this project. Let's let them get on with it, subject to seeing detailed proposals.

Cosywolf, perhaps you would care to outline the essential differences between a newish wood and an old one. Why would this be a reason to oppose this development and the creation of new jobs?

Things are difficult enough having to get ideas approved by our idiotic planners without opposition from environmental groups. The developers are proposing to invest millions into this project. Let's let them get on with it, subject to seeing detailed proposals.

Forget creating jobs,there is/was a rare butterfly once spotted there.

Why does it need to be built in a wood when there is a perfectly good unused brown field site next door?

[ a 20 minute gap between services is excessive] if you suddenly getting a warning light or your little darling decides they need to pee after just passing the last services like they usually do!

"Little darlings" can usually pee somewhere in an emergency, off the next junction.

I always managed when I was a "little darling" (I think another word was used instead of darling sometimes...) and we travelled everywhere an A and B roads keeping motorways to a minimum

There is such a thing as a needle telling you that you are getting low, you don't have to wait for a light...but even if you do miss it until the light comes on as we all do occasionally, you should make 20 minutes, I can manage Glossop to Sheffield over the snake on a warning light.

I don't see lines of fuel-empty cars littering the hard shoulder between the existing services....

• 3 weeks later...

It can easily be argued that the services are needed. The jobs are needed.

But it is not necessary at all to fell acres of woodland to build one.

Anyone driving along that section of M1 could spot dozens of derelict brownfield sites that could be used.

By all means, build the services, just use some common sense where to put them.

It can easily be argued that the services are needed. The jobs are needed.

But it is not necessary at all to fell acres of woodland to build one.

Anyone driving along that section of M1 could spot dozens of derelict brownfield sites that could be used.

By all means, build the services, just use some common sense where to put them.

There is no argument that services are needed, just not there

• 1 month later...