New motorway service station

zlib

As a driver I'm all over the UK using motorways, I think the estimated number of potential users is exaggerated, most drivers will only use services with easy access off the motorway then back on, many times when I'm needing a call of nature if I have to pull off the motorway and the hassle of queuing to get back on, then I carry on to a easier access one.

The current guideline of every 30 minutes would mean such as M25 and M62 would need services every 5 miles at peak times of day.

As a driver I'm all over the UK using motorways, I think the estimated number of potential users is exaggerated, most drivers will only use services with easy access off the motorway then back on, many times when I'm needing a call of nature if I have to pull off the motorway and the hassle of queuing to get back on, then I carry on to a easier access one.

The current guideline of every 30 minutes would mean such as M25 and M62 would need services every 5 miles at peak times of day.

Agreed, unless desperate to stop I never go to 'Off Motorway' services.....

Especially when there's lots of dis-used industrial land right next to the woods they want to demolish.

We need a new services every 10 minutes for people with 'medical problems' now do we :loopy::loopy::loopy:

Try driving down the M1 past Woodall, there is a service station every 14-18 miles, this is only filling the gap.

You cant expect people to pull off and find a village.

I suppose the woodland could be left alone,anyone desperate for a waz can have one there.

Is the woodland signposted off the M1 at that junction as a rest stop/service station, then?

This is how the vast majority of people operate: they drive up a motorway, they see a sign for services, they use that.

Very few people are unlike some people on here (myself included) who probably do a little bit of research before setting off on a journey. As an example, a few years ago I had to drive from Sheffield to Stranraer for a wedding. Rather that stop at services, I stopped at a Morrisons a short drive off the M6 in Carlisle and used their facilities and had a lovely salad box, and also filled up at an Asda there too (both were close to each other)

Had an early morning drive to Brighton a few years ago and researched where there was a Toby Carvery en route and stopped off just off the M1 at Northampton and had a lovely breakfast.

Thats why people wont stop at Meadowhall (like some suggested) - because it isnt marked as a service station. And neither is the Trafford Centre, the Meto Centre, Lakeside, Bluewater, Tankersley, a random woodland etc etc etc...

Edited by No User Name

Is the woodland signposted off the M1 at that junction as a rest stop/service station, then?

This is how the vast majority of people operate: they drive up a motorway, they see a sign for services, they use that.

Very few people are unlike some people on here (myself included) who probably do a little bit of research before setting off on a journey. As an example, a few years ago I had to drive from Sheffield to Stranraer for a wedding. Rather that stop at services, I stopped at a Morrisons a short drive off the M6 in Carlisle and used their facilities and had a lovely salad box, and also filled up at an Asda there too (both were close to each other)

Had an early morning drive to Brighton a few years ago and researched where there was a Toby Carvery en route and stopped off just off the M1 at Northampton and had a lovely breakfast.

Thats why people wont stop at Meadowhall (like some suggested) - because it isnt marked as a service station. And neither is the Trafford Centre, the Meto Centre, Lakeside, Bluewater, Tankersley, a random woodland etc etc etc...

So what you are saying "not only can you wee on demand and even work out when you're gonna have a wee, you can also miss the services and continue to another service area"

---------- Post added 28-11-2013 at 16:26 ----------

I wonder if there has been any research and statistics showing amount of people who have wet themselves due to the not yet existing services?

So what you are saying "not only can you wee on demand and even work out when you're gonna have a wee, you can also miss the services and continue to another service area"

If I am desperate for a piddle then I will stop at a service station yes, I certainly wont eat or fill the car up there, for that I will find other amenities

For the journey in question I only needed the toilet when I got to Carlisle.

Is that acceptable?