New motorway service station

zlib

Like a village?

You have totally missed the point of my post, well done.

This is how the vast majority of people operate: they drive up a motorway, they see a sign for services, they use that.

Quoted so you can have another go at reading it.

Try getting off the M62 at junction 22 and finding a village just off the motorway.

If I am desperate for a piddle then I will stop at a service station yes, I certainly wont eat or fill the car up there, for that I will find other amenities

Fuel always seem to have an outrageous price on the motorway but I think the services are more popular since they have McDonalds and M&S Food stores in them, even a Greggs.

The prices in these shops are fairly in line with their non-motorway branches, and you know the food will be standard too.

You have totally missed the point of my post, well done.

Quoted so you can have another go at reading it.

Try getting off the M62 at junction 22 and finding a village just off the motorway.

You're the one missing the point, we are not on about junction 22 M62 we are on about junction 35 M1

It doesn't need a services

In your opinion.

What happens at 2am in the morning, pray tell me what is open in Chapeltown or Thorpe Hesley then?

I've prayed and come up with the following:

So now your reckoning you need a service station building for incase you need a wee at 2am. You won't be using the hotel, to refuel, to eat etc, BUT you maybe hungry, so all you have to do is make the short drive come off at junction 35a and go to the 24hr McDonalds at Tankersley which after you have done your little bit of research you will find that you will also be able to have a wee there too.

I've prayed and come up with the following:

So now your reckoning you need a service station building for incase you need a wee at 2am. You won't be using the hotel, to refuel, to eat etc, BUT you maybe hungry, so all you have to do is make the short drive come off at junction 35a and go to the 24hr McDonalds at Tankersley which after you have done your little bit of research you will find that you will also be able to have a wee there too.

So you expect ALL motorists to do research before setting off on a car journey to know that is there?

You have far too high expectations of the average motorist.

So you expect ALL motorists to do research before setting off on a car journey to know that is there?

You have far too high expectations of the average motorist.

No I expect all motorists to carry on as normal, life isn't going to end, we don't need it, I've not seen proof that we need it, and if there is any proof based on what?

Most adults can hold their bladder if they miss the services. Hope they never drive further south. Some of the services are much further apart. How on earth would they cope? :roll: They aren't going to die of hunger on the way to the next services.

Most adults can hold their bladder if they miss the services. Hope they never drive further south. Some of the services are much further apart. .

On the M1? Really?

Where?

http://motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/M1

Assuming the gaps on the page are in KM there are 44km between the existing services at Woolley Edge and Woodall and then the gaps between existing services (and ignoring the J29 truck stop) going down the M1 are as follows: 21km, 20km, 17.4km, 14.6km, 11km, 36.2km, 16.2km, 14.6km, 27.9km, 42.1km and 19.4km.

The new services will create 22.8km and 21.2km gaps so no staggering difference to the existing gaps.

Edited by No User Name