New motorway service station

zlib

Are these proper services though?

Do they offer 2 hours free parking and use of the toilets without making a purchase? Do they offer overnight parking and serve hot food and drinks 24 hours a day?

It's like the suggestion of using Meadowhall - where are all the HGVs going to park at Meadowhall, given they are too big to go in the car parks?

There's a huge overspill car park with a helicopter landing area along side tinsley viaduct

What a terrific idea. Motorway services are renowned for high quality and inexpensive food. Finally I wouldn't have to trail around the city looking for dining options.

Inexpensive !!!!!. Motorway Services !!! . I don't think so . I don't know which ones you have eaten in , but every one I have used are horrendous prices.

---------- Post added 30-03-2014 at 15:36 ----------

It is for the lazy.

I do a 560 mile round journey and not once do i need to call in at a service station.

Not even for a wee !!! . God you must have fantastic bladder control :hihi:

I haven't.....Where are the majority of the employees from?

Regards

Doom

In my experience they are mostly local. Some are from Eastern Europe but in my experience they are not in the majority.

I haven't.....Where are the majority of the employees from?

Regards

Doom

I have never asked them but I suspect, listening to them, many are not local. The service and catering industry seems to attract European workers who have a work ethos more suited the low wage and zero hour contracts. I have no real objection to migrant workers because in the past I have worked overseas in many country's but not on low wages or a zero hour contract.

I have never asked them but I suspect, listening to them, many are not local. The service and catering industry seems to attract European workers who have a work ethos more suited the low wage and zero hour contracts. I have no real objection to migrant workers because in the past I have worked overseas in many country's but not on low wages or a zero hour contract.

I'm off down to stay in Nottingham next weekend and I know when I've stayed there in the past quite a lot of the staff in the hotel sound Eastern European.

If a good proportion of the jobs are promised to locals in Chapeltown/High Green then that's definitely one tick in the box in favour of this development, but if they're going to go to Eastern Europeans then it's of little benefit to the locals.

Regards

Doom