New motorway service station

zlib

Because anyone who drives 280 miles stright without stopping once is completely irresponsible, dangerous and obviously fatigued whether they chooose to believe it or not.

You're basing my driving skills on your own obviously.

Full no claims, not a motoring offence nor parking ticket to my name in over 20 years driving. I think i'm perfectly fine thanks. :roll:

We had a leaflet through about this as we live in Thorpe Hesley, it says 300 jobs will be created, it also says its on green belt land and also on the site of an ancient woodland, junc 35 roundabout will also be re designed to cope with the extra traffic.

The proposed new rail link must run very close to this also

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 06:53 ----------

Won't happen. This has been on the cards for years never taken off.

Besides that area is going to be a rother valley type 'nature' reserve once open-casting is done.

This is on the opposite side of the road to the open cast mine

Am I missing something here but isnt there a zonking big services just off J34 on the Sheffield side?

Meadowhall isn't advertised as a "motorway service station". People passing through may not know there are two petrol stations there which will probably be 5p a litre cheaper than any service station.

When I go on a long drive I find out where the supermarket petrol stations are just off the motorway, as well as any restaurants.

We might be getting new services at J35 - http://www.sheffieldmotorwayservices.co.uk/

What do you think?

Hate to see woodland being cut down but it would be a convinent short trip for me to get a quick bite to eat :P

There is Meadowhall just off jn34, that cheap eating place just off 35a and Wooley a few junctions further up. Places to eat in Chapeltown too at jn 35, I don't think its needed myself.

forgot to add....services between junction 30 and 31 too.

There is Meadowhall just off jn34

Doesnt have 24 hour petrol, eateries, nor are these specificly signposted off the motorway

that cheap eating place just off 35a

How do people from, lets say, Kent, know this exists? It isnt signposted on the motorway.

and Wooley a few junctions further up.

See above.

Places to eat in Chapeltown too at jn 35

See above.

I don't think its needed myself.

Other people obviously do. There are services every 15 miles or so on a long stretch of the M1 and they all seem to do a roaring trade.

forgot to add....services between junction 30 and 31 too.

See above.

Not everyone is as organised as me (and you, evidently) and researches places to stop other than service stations that are just off the motorway.