New motorway service station

zlib

If you get a chance, next time your on the M1, take a look at how many truckers are driving along with a costa coffee cup on their dash. Its the most popular thing us drivers buy as its nice, and it kinda keeps us awake. Tiredness is a real problem, and although your average Joe shouldnt be affected on short journeys, it is possible to get fatigued, say if youve had a long and busy busy day. I dont preach to anyone like a lot on here, but tiredness can affect all of us in one way or another, and even though you sound a calm and collected person, you can never underestimate the power of nodding off!;)

Yeah, i'm well aware of the dangers, and as stated if i feel tired i would pull over.

Really gets my goat though when someone who's never met me thinks they know my body better than i do. (Not you btw)

Yeah, i'm well aware of the dangers, and as stated if i feel tired i would pull over.

Really gets my goat though when someone who's never met me thinks they know my body better than i do. (Not you btw)

I suppose its the norm on here, lol!

• 2 weeks later...

That picture showing where they 'should build' is the person who dreamt that one up abit thick or something?

Can they explain where the slip road is going to go - one that won't plow right through smithy wood??

Do they want to throw all the motorway Traffic onto the roads around Chapeltown?

Also skipping Smithy Wood would mean building a road right through two or three warehouse plots on that industrial estate - I can't see that land going cheap if planning permission has been given already.

Smithy wood is going to be bulldozed anyway to make room for the HS2 line (probably)

The case for needing those services is also pretty weak as well.

That picture showing where they 'should build' is the person who dreamt that one up abit thick or something?

Can they explain where the slip road is going to go - one that won't plow right through smithy wood??

Do they want to throw all the motorway Traffic onto the roads around Chapeltown?

Also skipping Smithy Wood would mean building a road right through two or three warehouse plots on that industrial estate - I can't see that land going cheap if planning permission has been given already.

Smithy wood is going to be bulldozed anyway to make room for the HS2 line (probably)

The case for needing those services is also pretty weak as well.

Why does it need a slip road when it's sat right next to a junction?