New motorway service station

zlib

I agree, you could come off at 35 then drive round to the service station in the industrial estate.

I'd imagines a slip road to the services coming into it from the bottom of the picture, mainly just to relieve traffic on the road off J35 which already gets congested at rush hour.

Add in traffic from some services and that area will be abit of a nightmare if they don't improve the road system.

There's going to be increased traffic around there anyway from the coal recovery program that is going on, IIRC another set of lights was planned or something???

Edited by geared

That picture showing where they 'should build' is the person who dreamt that one up abit thick or something?

Can they explain where the slip road is going to go - one that won't plow right through smithy wood??

That picture clearly shows a perfectly good road coming straight off the motorway junction going round the top of the wood and down to the brownfield site.

You're welcome!

It does, but as I've already said the area gets congested at rush hour as it is, there will be more traffic from the coal recovery scheme so adding the un-needed service station into the mix would be too much.

The plans indicate that the traffic would come off the motorway at the roundabout for the services so there would be no problem going the extra yards to the brownfield site

I have signed

Totally un-needed . There are perfectly adequate services just off Jn 35a at Tankersley , unless of course its too difficult for people to drive 1 mile from the motorway . NO woodland should be touched and destroyed to build something that is not needed or necessary.

Totally un-needed . There are perfectly adequate services just off Jn 35a at Tankersley , unless of course its too difficult for people to drive 1 mile from the motorway . NO woodland should be touched and destroyed to build something that is not needed or necessary.

It is if you don't know about it. Is it sign posted from the m1?