Anyone holidayed at Butlins, Skegness and if so was it value for money

Butlin's is great, been many times. Extremely expensive once in, bars and shops are really high priced.

Butlin's is geared for young kids so if you have young kids they'll have a ball. We loved it too due to seeing the delight on our kids faces, they loved Butlins.

I would totally take basics with you (milk, butter, cereal, etc) - if possible, i know not everyone drives - as theyll be way cheaper from the outside shops.

We went a few years ago and took my then 10 year old sister in law and she loved it! Shes now 12 and wants to get back VERY soon

Have you booked a dining package? Might be worth considering, fantastic big breakfasts! Bar prices aren't too bad, bottle of wine £10. Fast food concessions are quite dear though. Other shops in walking distance. All shows etc are free but charges for sports activities.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

went a couple of years ago,had a dining package.food was great morning buffet loads of choices cooked and otherwise had about 6 courses for breakfast every morning.great choices for evening meal.

might be a bit pricey but well worth it.

We go in a couple of weeks and go every year,

Its brill!, if you are on a budget I would say opt for the cheaper accom (you don't go on holiday to sit in your chalet) and go for the premium dining. The food is lovely.. full English, vegetarian options, continental and fruit salad, yogurts and cheeses, toast, cerials of a morning. 5 different mains, carvery every night, burger bar to create your own, pasta bar, wok station, loads of different cheese cakes etc.. cheese and biscuits, salad bar.

The entertainment is amazing... proper shows and dancing etc of a night, free fun fair, free pool with flumes etc. You will have a brilliant time.

The downsides... I don't smoke and too many do round the kiddies, It can be very expensive if you don't know how to say no to the kids. Buy the activity passes and tell them when they are gone, that's it.

If you are going to go fantasy Island, get a flyer from reception and you get 20% off. x

Archived