Infirmary Road Tesco - are drivers targeting cyclists?

Well, actually, since you mention B&Q

Bookcases don't present a problem. Nor snow for that matter

https://sphotos-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/185827_1817169225594_955065_n.jpg[/quote

I just cant see the wifey getting one, hee hee. I bet its a bugger riding up Rutland Road with it though. :hihi:

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 20:38 ----------

It is indeed very, very sad when someone is killed. I see that the lorry driver wasnt arrested, so are we to assume it wasnt his fault? It does however fuel the argument that cycles and vehicles just do not mix, especially in built up areas. I love riding my M/B off road, but can honestly say that I wouldnt use it on Sheffields roadways if you paid me.

Dont be intimidated !!, thats just what certain people want.. .. ride for your own safety thats the best policy on the streets of South yorkshire.. and i mean for yours first, everyones else comes second.

Dont be intimidated !!, thats just what certain people want.. .. ride for your own safety thats the best policy on the streets of South yorkshire.. and i mean for yours first, everyones else comes second.

Ha!, no thanks Monkey me old son!! I will stick to off roading, and let the crazy bikers and the stroppy drivers bitch-slap each other to their hearts content!

Some of the hardened cyclists on here dont agree there is too much traffic to ride safely, but I DO agree. If there is the slightest chance that I could be killed on my bike, then it stays in the shed or on the bike rack for off roading.

Its all well and good for the keenest of cyclist to plead their case, but it wont do them any good when they are underneath the wheels of a 44 tonner, NO MATTER WHOSE FAULT IT WAS.

Fault or blame dosent matter a Jot when you are pushing up the daisies mate.

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 22:37 ----------

Lack of arrest doesn't mean it wasn't his fault, it might mean that there is insufficient evidence.

London and Sheffield are very different, when was a cyclist in Sheffield last killed by a left hooking lorry?

If he had caused her death by dangerous driving, they would have arrested him. Thats why roads are closed and investigations carried out when there is a death. That lorry driver would have been held there or at a police station during the investigation, to establish if blame can be proven. The driver was allowed to carry on his business and the HGV wasnt inpounded by VOSA, which does point to it not being the drivers fault.

Well, actually, since you mention B&Q

Bookcases don't present a problem. Nor snow for that matter

https://sphotos-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/185827_1817169225594_955065_n.jpg

A couple of months ago i saw some idiot pulling something similar to that with a small child in it. What sort of brain dead nutcase pulls a trailer with a pushbike with a child in it.

If he had caused her death by dangerous driving, they would have arrested him. Thats why roads are closed and investigations carried out when there is a death. That lorry driver would have been held there or at a police station during the investigation, to establish if blame can be proven. The driver was allowed to carry on his business and the HGV wasnt inpounded by VOSA, which does point to it not being the drivers fault.

The report's been updated - the driver has now been arrested.

A couple of months ago i saw some idiot pulling something similar to that with a small child in it. What sort of brain dead nutcase pulls a trailer with a pushbike with a child in it.

I think the moral reasons that people have for cycling are probably honorable, however whenever I see a child in one of those trailers, my heart goes out to them. The child does not choose to be in it, its the parent/guardians decision, and to put a child in that sort of unnecessary danger is foolhardy to say the least.

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 22:58 ----------

The report's been updated - the driver has now been arrested.

Crazy world. I sometimes wonder if our authorities do things backwards just to stir things up.

Crazy world. I sometimes wonder if our authorities do things backwards just to stir things up.

It's not that mysterious, maybe they found some evidence - viewed some CCTV, discovered the driver had been on the phone, etc.

I think the moral reasons that people have for cycling are probably honorable, however whenever I see a child in one of those trailers, my heart goes out to them. The child does not choose to be in it, its the parent/guardians decision, and to put a child in that sort of unnecessary danger is foolhardy to say the least.

Its downright dangerous and stupid to transport a child one of those things on public roads surrounded by traffic. What are the parents thinking of . ?

Ha!, no thanks Monkey me old son!! I will stick to off roading, and let the crazy bikers and the stroppy drivers bitch-slap each other to their hearts content!

Some of the hardened cyclists on here dont agree there is too much traffic to ride safely, but I DO agree.

A blanket statement like that is easily disproven. I ride down quite a few roads in the morning rush hour that don't have a single car on them. That's hardly too much traffic is it!

If there is the slightest chance that I could be killed on my bike, then it stays in the shed or on the bike rack for off roading.

You could be killed walking, cycling, driving or on a plane. Are you going to stay at home (keep out of the kitchen and don't do any DIY).

Its all well and good for the keenest of cyclist to plead their case, but it wont do them any good when they are underneath the wheels of a 44 tonner, NO MATTER WHOSE FAULT IT WAS.

Fault or blame dosent matter a Jot when you are pushing up the daisies mate.

Looks like I was right, they have now arrested him. The police like to do this thing where they investigate before arresting people, it's not an uncommon idea, you see it on TV all the time.