Infirmary Road Tesco - are drivers targeting cyclists?

This is one junction were if you keep a good lookout to your right, you can safely go through on red through both sets of lights...http://goo.gl/maps/lUWbF

(As long as your turning left i mean)

usually on the run up to that junction cars do tend to squeeze you out, the only option (other than stopping) is to overtake then cut back in at the end of the traffic queue that is stopped at the lights.

This has worked well for me for years, never had one problem there at all, except cars drivers honking their horns.

I have seen two accidents involving cars trying to run the amber lights though.

and they were pretty bad ones, fire crews having to cut people out. it makes me wonder why cars go so fast through amber lights.

This is one junction were if you keep a good lookout to your right, you can safely go through on red through both sets of lights...http://goo.gl/maps/lUWbF

(As long as your turning left i mean)

usually on the run up to that junction cars do tend to squeeze you out, the only option (other than stopping) is to overtake then cut back in at the end of the traffic queue that is stopped at the lights.

This has worked well for me for years, never had one problem there at all, except cars drivers honking their horns.

I have seen two accidents involving cars trying to run the amber lights though.

and they were pretty bad ones, fire crews having to cut people out. it makes me wonder why cars go so fast through amber lights.

Maybe they see that some cyclists are ignoring the red lights and selfishly ignore road safety, and think that it justifies them to do the same themselves in their cars (wrongly of course)...they probably thought they could do it safely too...

Maybe they see that some cyclists are ignoring the red lights and selfishly ignore road safety, and think that it justifies them to do the same themselves in their cars (wrongly of course)...they probably thought they could do it safely too...

That the uppermost thought at the time. that's exactly why i go through red lights. MY SAFETY.

That the uppermost thought at the time. that's exactly why i go through red lights. MY SAFETY.

Thanks.

I'll remember that next time I'm crossing on the green man, to check over my shoulder in case there's an idiot heading through the red lights whilst not paying attention to the crossing as he's too busy looking right for HIS safety (and screw anyone else)

Funnily enough there was a thread about that happening on London road, and the OP (and witness to the accident) swore blind that the cyclist (in the cycle lane) was in the wrong for cycling too fast, and the van that was flashed across and thus drove in front of the cyclist was not in the wrong!

Amazing.

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 21:06 ----------

Yes. But you realise the distinction between the HC and the law? Right?

---------- Post added 03-10-2014 at 21:09 ----------

[/

Are you stalking me cyclone?

There may well have been a thread about my previous however,not all of us have an inordinate amount of time to spend on sf.

You will have to explain to me where I am confusing law and the Highway Code.

Is anyone that replies to your post stalking you now?

Regarding the thread I mentioned, I was simply saying that it existed, I didn't say you were supposed to have read it, there's no need to be so defensive.

You are confusing the law and the highway code when you say this

BUT the law states you should only flash your lights to alert other road uses to your presence.

This is incorrect. The HC states this, it is not the law.

Is anyone that replies to your post stalking you now?

Regarding the thread I mentioned, I was simply saying that it existed, I didn't say you were supposed to have read it, there's no need to be so defensive.

You are confusing the law and the highway code when you say this

This is incorrect. The HC states this, it is not the law.

Hah! I have worked out the cause of the confusion. The comments you refer to we're made by monkey 69, not myself.

I was aware that we were talking about Highway Code and not law.

Regards