Memories of Roxy's Nightclub

i was an avid roxy's fan during the early 90's grab a granny nites were great was anyone there the nite someone let off a teargas we lucky dancing near the edge and got to doors quite quickly but i believe some peole were taken to hospital.You were always guarenteed a good nite made plenty of friends some maybe only for the one nite others i still keep in touch with there doesn't seem anywhere uz oldies can go for a drink and a boogie these days .Ithink the building is now called The Carling Accadmy they have groups etc.more for the students etc.after it closed we went to embassy never as mucu atmosphere but not bad then they stopped over 25's nite

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to please all on the night but you just cant please everyone.. This reunion was just what it was called A reunion. So you have to try and cater for all..The one on boxing day will be in true Roxy fashions. Just DJ's Dancers and YES Motown for those that keep requesting ...Stevie G

Yeh it wasnt bad, Dionne Warwick was not there and Mike Tyson either. That was a bit of a let down. The band that was on went on a bit too much and the prices of the drinks was way too expensive...Dont think i will be going to the next one though.

I thought the band were very good actually, maybe not everyone's cup of tea though, but i was dissapointed with the music played by the dj , but overall i thought it was a well run night, i enjoyed it !!!:)