Memories of Roxy's Nightclub

My brother Phil used to go to Roxys and when he was 16 he went to see Stranglers there !

when the stranglers first came out i thought ho no not another punk band but lately ive been redescovering them and enjoying their music

I worked at Roxys in the late 80's/early 90's.

Cant really remember anyones names, apart from old Mr Hughes - remember him going round checking on all the bars and having a shot of scotch on each one :hihi:

I remember Tony Hughes very well.. He was there when I worked there 1977-1980. He was Bars Manager then too! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I worked here when it was the Top Rank. I had a full time job at the telephone exchange on flat street. I then worked some nights at the rank. Mr Hughes was bar manager then and I worked on bar 1 (first one you came to) or bar 5 (small one upstairs in back corner) A pint was 18p and shorts were only 20p Bring back the good times !!! They even provide you with a taxi home !!

• 6 months later...

i went to roxy for years from 89-94but not that much from 92 as i was witrh my now wife, me and mark kennedy was there every week thurs fri sat what fun it was first time i went i was 15 lol (my kids have no idea what went on them days )im wanting to know if any 1 has any photos from them dayz? do u rem big black barry on door? or what about tony the doorman(drug dealer) wow man get intouch if u remember me