The economy, the housing market, and the truth

Sorry but that's utter rubbish. Any landlord actively renting property out will place rental prices such that voids are minimised. I don't know anyone that will hold out for a high priced rent and risk weeks and weeks of no earning for the hope of making 10% more, it's just not going to happen.

Can you explain then, why so many flats are standing empty?

The complex at the top of my street built 5 years ago has never been fully occupied and is at least half empty, and there are many others like it.

Well, you don't want empty property do you?

But what makes you think I would look for tenants that way?

---------- Post added 28-08-2013 at 12:14 ----------

Can you explain then, why so many flats are standing empty?

The complex at the top of my street built 5 years ago has never been fully occupied and is at least half empty, and there are many others like it.

Who says they are for rent and not for sale?

Are you sure that there are many others like it? Have you counted them all? My experience is that most properties being activly rented out are generally full and the rental supply at the moment is quite tight.

But what makes you think I would look for tenants that way?

---------- Post added 28-08-2013 at 12:14 ----------

Who says they are for rent and not for sale?

Are you sure that there are many others like it? Have you counted them all? My experience is that most properties being activly rented out are generally full and the rental supply at the moment is quite tight.

Because they are the type of companies that offer cheap accomodation. Some income is better than no income.

Chill

You are accusing me of needing to chill when I am. I can therefore only conclude that you think your previous posts were designed to wind me up and troll. Now why would you be doing that Mecky?

I don't advertise in those places because I don't need to - I get coverage elsewhere and have more than sufficient tenants.

• 5 weeks later...

Osborn is on the back foot already with is Help to Buy scheme. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24293275

"The Chancellor has responded to criticism that his Help to Buy scheme, due to launch in January, could cause a dangerous housing market boom, by giving powers to the Bank of England to constrain its impact"

The scheme is not even launched yet and people are getting greedy with house prices which are already up since the news broke. It's back to the same old Tories - an attempt to artificially inflate a precarious asset with fake money for short term gains and long term losses. The tories created the boom of the 80's which fell back down to earth ten years later and is still creating untold problems today. They sell the UK to their mates, create artificial economies and blame Labour for everything.

Rather a confused article.

How can Osborne rail at Miliband for wanting to interfere in a market when Osborne himself has been giving subsidies to new home builders, and is on the cusp of unleashing the mother of all subsidies into the housing market as a whole?

Archived