Working While on Benefits

So, to conclude, the consenus is that the redoubtable bedrock gets a job. He does two weeks at 30 hours and the next 6 weeks at 8 hours. How is going to manage in those 6 weeks? If you are bedders landlord will you let him off? Credit at tescos? I'm all for getting people into work and if it was a straight 30 week I'd march him down to sign off personally but this is 2 hours away from a zero hour contract.

You need to learn how to play the system Bedrock.

Unless its cash in hand or you're earning around £15,000 gross per annum + then stay on JSA.

My advice would be to get a sick note from your doctors and claim ESA for 3 months then when you fail the ATOS assessment go back onto JSA.

This way you'll have less hassle / work programme from Job Centre and when on ESA you're entitled to a free bus pass.

You need to learn how to play the system Bedrock.

Unless its cash in hand or you're earning around £15,000 gross per annum + then stay on JSA.

My advice would be to get a sick note from your doctors and claim ESA for 3 months then when you fail the ATOS assessment go back onto JSA.

This way you'll have less hassle / work programme from Job Centre and when on ESA you're entitled to a free bus pass.

I went on ESA for over a year and eventually had an appointment with someone who later concluded I had to come off, I went on it for mental health reasons may I add. But never in this time did I have a bus pass, I have pleaded to everyone about it, I am even on DLA but still cannot get one.

I have had a few interviews lately and one was for 6 + hours per week, I have calculated what this equates to per month and it will be even less than I get every 2 weeks from the dole, so in essence, why sign off for self respect when I will get less per month what my 2 weeks giro will be.

I went on ESA for over a year and eventually had an appointment with someone who later concluded I had to come off, I went on it for mental health reasons may I add. But never in this time did I have a bus pass, I have pleaded to everyone about it, I am even on DLA but still cannot get one.

I have had a few interviews lately and one was for 6 years per week, I have calculated what this equates to per month and it will be even less than I get every 2 weeks from the dole, so in essence, why sign off for self respect when I will get less per month what my 2 weeks giro will be.

The bus pass forms are available at Howden House. It just needs signing by your doctor.

They've recently changed the forms to mislead people and to discourage them applying, but if you're on ESA / DLA / PIP then you'll still entitled to a free bus pass.

I agree, I never suggested signing off for self respect, unless it pays the bills and you're financially better off.

The bus pass forms are available at Howden House. It just needs signing by your doctor.

They've recently changed the forms to mislead people and to discourage them applying, but if you're on ESA / DLA / PIP then you'll still entitled to a free bus pass.

I agree, I never suggested signing off for self respect, unless it pays the bills and you're financially better off.

Are they called bus pass forms, I shall pop in and ask them, do I need to take any ID?

Is the form difficult, are there certain sections that need wording right?

Don't have one myself but yes I do believe it is designed to catch people out.

From memory I think it asks if you're on Higher Rate DLA, then goes onto ask why you can't drive or didn't qualify for blue badge.

Its still all irrelevant though because if you claim ESA / DLA / PIP you still qualify.

My advice would be to contact

http://www.mhagsheffield.org.uk/

who championed it in the first place.

Archived