Rest in peace Sam

old tup

A very good friend of mine passed away Thursday the 22nd August at St Lukes after a long illness!.Anyone coming from the Walkley area will know him his name Kenneth Clayton but he was better known as "Sam".He came from a large family very well known around Walkley,I have posted this in case anyone who knows him hasn,t heard.It has given me a wake up call with my mortality that's 5 good mates gone in the last few years,you don,t realise how time flys by it makes you stop and think alright!.Rest in peace Sam no more pain now!.

Did he have a brother called Billy? he would be 69/70 if he does.

Yes he did Billy died about 5yrs ago of the same problem he was younger than Sam,it seems its hereditary a few siblings have passed away with it Sams sister only a few weeks back!.Billy was a plasterer at one time he ran a pub on Penistone Rd it was situated where the petrol station is below Hillfoot Bridge town side!.

JOSE (NEE LOY) says thanks for the info, she was in the same class as Billy at Burgoyne Rd school.

Jose lived on Daniel Hill Street a few yards above the Blake, we live in Cornwall and went back last year to have a pint in the Blake, good memories too

JOSE (NEE LOY) says thanks for the info, she was in the same class as Billy at Burgoyne Rd school.

Jose lived on Daniel Hill Street a few yards above the Blake, we live in Cornwall and went back last year to have a pint in the Blake, good memories too

Hi Jose the Blake was our regular every Sunday dinner without fail in the 60s,at the time Len was the landlord,remember his stammer he was a bit of a lad had us in stitches when he got going!.His daughter Jean was "Georgia"singer with the Whirlwinds we used to follow them round the clubs,one of my mates was knocking her off at the time,happy days!

Hi old tup, you must remember Jack Loy who was a regular in the 60s

Hi arrodbo,sorry the name dosen,t ring a bell maybe Jack remembers Carl Hutchinson,Robin Crapper,Dave Patchet,Ike Healey,Joe Lewis and "Sam" of course and all the other regulars at the Bath Hotel in the 60s.

---------- Post added 27-08-2013 at 18:10 ----------

Hi arrodbo,sorry the name dosen,t ring a bell maybe Jack remembers Carl Hutchinson,Robin Crapper,Dave Patchet,Ike Healey,Joe Lewis and "Sam" of course and all the other regulars at the Bath Hotel in the 60s.

Just heard the funeral is on the 6th September 12-00 lunch time that's on a Friday.Its at Hutcliffe Wood!.

Archived