The Hubble Ultra Deep Field in 3D

This video is amazing, so humbling...

Watch it, feel slightly insignificant, then think, are we really the only ones here?

There's no way that we are the only ones....

Absolutely amazing video..

You're right ... it is very humbling and very beautiful too. I keep trying to explain to my G/F the immensity of the universe (something I can't get my head round either) ... what our solar system is in relation to our galaxy, what our planet is to our solar system, and then the size of her house compared to that. Then multiply our galaxy by one hundred billion! (plus the gaps!) Mind boggling!

How important are we to the scheme of things when we worry about trying to find a space to park the car ... how important is the person who slaps a ticket on the windscreen because the front wheel's six inches over the line? :hihi:

Have a look at this, its an interactive scale from the very small to the very large

it was featured on Dara O Briain's Science Club Thursday night.

If you have a slow connection give it a few minutes to load.

http://htwins.net/scale2/

Thats impressive, its amazing what humans now know and its likely to be only a fraction of what is knowable.

Archived