Drugs - to legalise or not?

I dont think the cost of the parent plant as a lot to do with the drugs finished cost ,many herbs that have been in use for 2000yrs could never pass the food & drug (or U.K drug) the herb Gingo Biblo was pulled fm the shelves because they found it worked, a company would have to spend millions getting it passed as a drug.London Ontario is one of worlds leading research centres and i was in a study group for over a yr and that drug never was passed,getting a drug passed is just not that simple.

I dont think the cost of the parent plant as a lot to do with the drugs finished cost ,many herbs that have been in use for 2000yrs could never pass the food & drug (or U.K drug) the herb Gingo Biblo was pulled fm the shelves because they found it worked, a company would have to spend millions getting it passed as a drug.London Ontario is one of worlds leading research centres and i was in a study group for over a yr and that drug never was passed,getting a drug passed is just not that simple.

Ginko Biloba is still on the shelves and has not been pulled.

20 people a week die from taking their prescription.

Heroin and Cocaine are already approved for clinical use in this country. Psilocybin is a recommended (by some neurologists) as a prophylactic against and treatment for Cluster Headaches.

None of the substances I have mentioned are under patent - so anyone can produce and test them, including the Government/NHS/NICE, without having to pay one of the big pharmagroups licence fees.

And for non-clinical drugs (like alcohol) there's no clinical need to be met, only a safety factor that needs to be determined.

Heroin costs £6.50 a gram on the pharmaceutical market right now

The savings on legalising heroin alone would amount to billions of pounds.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just going to order some toads from http://www.toads-r-us.co.uk

Does anyone have experience of using heroin? There seemes to be a lot of speculation and [seemingly] blind assumptions about what it is to be a user/ addict.

I once had some kind of morphine (at the dentist), and it felt great - like the best time you've ever been drunk but with no sign of hangover or nausea afterwards. I went cold-turkey after that and it was easy.

Yet you have some of the most liberated laws re:cannabis cultivation.

How's your new government taking the fact that every fifth house in suburban Vancouver is a cannabis grow operation?

You're right Phan; all of Canada does have a major grow op problem and when found the police will tear these house's or fields apart,The law can be a little strange because on doctors orders for people in pain,M.S ,Cancer ,A.I Ds etc the goverment will supply cannabis along with the complaints from the use'er on its strength.Most police will not charge anyone found with pot for personal use,but in a losing battle the police &courts are quite ruthless when dealing with traffic'ers.Not being judgemental but have seen the effects of heavy long term use with memory all shot ,i do have my quarms,Isuppose its the same with the drink and we would'nt want to ban that.Which leads us to the question."What is a Drug"?

Archived