Is weed really bad for you??

Do you think this might be skewing your views on the public acceptance of cannabis then? The vast majority of people I know have never tried it and would be pretty strongly against any attempts to legalise it.

In my experience, there are only small subsets of urban society who are wanting the law relaxing. Outside of those groups, and especially in rural areas, there's effectively no support whatsoever.

I totally disagree with you. It's all there in black and white. Legalising cannabis and ALL other drugs, especially cocaine and ecstasy, would mean less drug related deaths through usage, supply and production.

People will always use drugs, no amount of policing will prevent this.

Legalising cannabis is a sensible step in the right direction.

---------- Post added 01-09-2013 at 10:01 ----------

Well yeah, but everyone knows people like that are idiots. Weed smokers seem to think they are enlightened or something.

No they don't. They use the drug, so they have first hand experience of the effects. That's all.

I totally disagree with you.

Which bit do you disagree with? That the majority of people I know haven't touched weed (and don't plan to), or that in my experience, outside of certain urban groups, there is very little support for legalising cannabis?

Which bit do you disagree with? That the majority of people I know haven't touched weed (and don't plan to), or that in my experience, outside of certain urban groups, there is very little support for legalising cannabis?

If they haven't used it, what is the basis for their opinion that other people should not be allowed to use it?

If they haven't used it, what is the basis for their opinion that other people should not be allowed to use it?

Fear mostly I'd say - of crime, of other people using it, of the consequences of everyone being stoned. Probably a good portion of not wanting to change the status quo thrown in for good measure.

A very large proportion of the country doesn't live in built up areas with easy access to illegal drugs, but hear about the problems "caused" by people having access to them constantly through the media. I grew up in one of these such areas, and know nobody from back home who has any wish for "city problems" to start affecting their area.

I can't possibly comment on what the majority of the people you know have and have not done.

I dis agree with the 'very little support' part. I think there's more support for legalising it that you'd think.

I dis agree with the 'very little support' part. I think there's more support for legalising it that you'd think.

Well sorry, but that's my experience. I only know a handful of people who would support legalisation, and they fall into very select groups and all live in cities. Everyone I know who lives in the countryside is either neutral or against the idea.

As I said, that's just my experience.

Fear mostly I'd say - of crime, of other people using it, of the consequences of everyone being stoned. Probably a good portion of not wanting to change the status quo thrown in for good measure.

A very large proportion of the country doesn't live in built up areas with easy access to illegal drugs, but hear about the problems "caused" by people having access to them constantly through the media. I grew up in one of these such areas, and know nobody from back home who has any wish for "city problems" to start affecting their area.

I detest the stuff; but still, legalising it seems like a very good idea, and would actually decrease crime and any social problems associated with it.

I'm very much anti-drugs, generally; but people as individuals, have the right to decide for themselves, what they put in to their bodies. The only caveat to this is if it's harmful to other people; including financially harmful (so, no NHS treatment for addicts etc, perhaps, unless such treatment would represent a net financial saving for society).

I detest the stuff; but still, legalising it seems like a very good idea, and would actually decrease crime and any social problems associated with it.

I'm very much anti-drugs, generally; but people as individuals, have the right to decide for themselves, what they put in to their bodies. The only caveat to this is if it's harmful to other people; including financially harmful (so, no NHS treatment for addicts etc, perhaps, unless such treatment would represent a net financial saving for society).

You have to treat addicts. Addiction is an illness. Legalising drugs will remove the stigma attached which would lead to more people coming forward and seeking help.

I think we need more trials and tests of the drug, before we legalise it. But if legalisation does come through then we should be allowed to grow it. I would be willing to pay a tax to the government. just think of the goverments debts being paid off, by this wonder drug! Well what a good family of a plant, ya make ropes and clothes out of the hemp species of the plant. Then the active content THC helps people with pain. Depending on the strength and strain and the active contents in cannabis can help with different levels of pain, disseases such as MS, Cancer, Arthritus. Active contents are CBN CBD And the famous one THC. I am a smoker and there is nothing finer than a joint after a hard day at work!!!:cool::D

Archived