Stone handaxe..

I think I found one today in the Peaks. Well I'm not sure I did.. let me explain.

I tripped over a root whilst walking up near Stanage, and managed to land my knee right on a nice sharp ridge of rock. I said a few Rude Words after that it must be said, mainly because I was leaking copiously.

I've just realised why the shape of the rock looked so familiar and why I remembered just now. I was busy at the time stopping the leak so didn't realise but I'm certain that said rock was a shaped neolithinc hand axe.. rounded one end, flaked and pointed at the other....

Going to have to go back to look for it now. Wonder if I can follow the trail I left coming out, I can't remember where the thing was exactly. Anyone else ever found anything like this around Sheffield?

No, it's just prudent being that I don't know you from Adam, that the anti fracking movement in general are not above using violence and you appear to have an exceedingly low opinion of me.

I'll post a picture if I find it for you though.

No, it's just prudent being that I don't know you from Adam, that the anti fracking movement in general are not above using violence and you appear to have an exceedingly low opinion of me.

Lol. Cry baby. :hihi:

do you think he'll use the axe to sacrifice you on alco's cellar altar to the gods of no-fracking?

Yes please, and if you manage to pin down the location a note to the Peak Park archaeology team would be appreciated I'm sure.

The only other I know of for certain was found near Fulwood Lane at Ringinglow many years ago. It's in Weston Park Museum's collection and in the Sites and Monuments record.

LOL

i think hes more interested in helping to refind a neolithic handaxe than brain you :loopy::huh:

---------- Post added 26-08-2013 at 10:13 ----------

as long as you tell somebody where your going so they know where to find the body ;)

LOL

i think hes more interested in helping to refind a neolithic handaxe than brain you :loopy::huh:

---------- Post added 26-08-2013 at 10:13 ----------

as long as you tell somebody where your going so they know where to find the body ;)

maybe there wont be a body to find.....

if you're going all that way just to brain someone then you might as well go the whole way and have a "picnic" too

Archived